Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

really nasty inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
jeffdavis411
2nd Gear Member

Default really nasty inside

i just picked up a tahoe for a winter beater and the inside is nasty the front carpet is full of coffee stains and other nasty stuff. I was planning on renting a industrial carpet cleaner with the hose attachment. what should i spray on the stains to help clean them up i was thinking grease lighting. also the arm rest and door pannels have some nasty dirt ground in what could i use to clean them up good? thanks guys
Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Cooter
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: really nasty inside

You can get some Folex at wally world for the carpet. Its a great product. A good APC on the door panels.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

i just got done doing my leather seats, steering wheel and one door

i used Simple Green APC to clean with, then on the leather i followed it up with meguiar's all in one

the simple green worked great on my tan door, console and steering wheel.

i had some pretty nasty stuff embedded in there because i work at discount tire

i didn't really use a ratio, but i diluted the simple green a lot

APC = all purpose cleaner
Old 10-26-2007, 05:47 PM
jeffdavis411
2nd Gear Member

yeah this is the light grey color so it shows alot of nasty crap. I wouldnt have bought this if i didnt get such a good deal. It needs a good cleaning inside and a wash and wax outside
Old 10-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

To really do the carpet right and get the best results I would highly recommend getting some ProChem products. This is what I use to shampoo. You can also get these in 32 oz. bottles instead of gallons. First off I would use Folex on all of the stains. Folex is a great spot remover that you can get over the counter. Then I would pretreat the carpets with ProChem Ultrapac Traffic Lane Cleaner. Spray this on and then agitate it really good with a brush. Since you are renting carpet shampooer I would get ProChem All Fiber Rinse to put in the solution tank of the machine. The rinse will help the carpet dry faster, give it a brighter appearance,leave it feeling soft, plus help lift more chemicals and dirt. After you shampoo make sure you dry as quickly as possible.

BTW- I get all of my carpet cleaning products at www.jondon.com
Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jeffdavis411

yeah this is the light grey color so it shows alot of nasty crap. I wouldnt have bought this if i didnt get such a good deal. It needs a good cleaning inside and a wash and wax outside
does it have leather seats? i used a soft bristled toothbrush to remove the gunk from my leather. i would do what justin and heath said as far as the carpet goes, and what i said as far as the leather and plastic trim
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
jeffdavis411
2nd Gear Member

they didnt have folex so i got some other crap i hope it works. I tried wally and auto zone. thanks for all your tips! oh and i planned on putting fans on it to dry it out but why did you stress getting it dry right way, for future referance.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Oxyclean but you only put enough water in it to make a loose paste. Smear it around and rub it in, then let it sit a little while. It should pull almost everything out. I works amazingly well and its cheap. You might even have it around the house already. Then follow it up with a good carpet shampoo that has degreaser action.

It should be like new when your done!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jeffdavis411

they didnt have folex so i got some other crap i hope it works. I tried wally and auto zone. thanks for all your tips! oh and i planned on putting fans on it to dry it out but why did you stress getting it dry right way, for future referance.
if that doesnt work home depot and lowes has it i just picked up a nother bottle at lowes the other day
Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I've always had good luck with the nastiest of carpets (coffee especially [:@]) with Reslove High Traffic Foam with a stiff brush and good ole fashioned elbow grease. I just purchased a brush attachment for my Porter Cable that I'm really looking forward to making my life easier next time [8D]

And as you mentioned, definitely get it dried out real good. On really dirty, smelly carpets I usually apply the foam VERY liberally (until the carpet is very damp) and scrub the sh*t out of it. Leave it in the garage over night with the windows down to dry it out. Then the next day I'll vaccuum it clean and am usually very suprised by the results

Quick Reply: really nasty inside