Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Headlight splitters worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Sorry... but "almost" ain't good enough. If I'm going to pay $100 bucks for two pieces of plastic I want it to be Brilliant Silver. Not "it's almost Brilliant Silver close." Would you do it if it was your car?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

i say there worth it.. thumbs up..

Old 11-20-2009, 05:06 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Sorry... but "almost" ain't good enough. If I'm going to pay $100 bucks for two pieces of plastic I want it to be Brilliant Silver. Not "it's almost Brilliant Silver close." Would you do it if it was your car?
maybe ford just changed satin silver to brilliant silver? they looks almost identical take it easy man
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

"They looks almost identical?" Once again "looks almost identical" ain't close enough.
"Maybe ford just changed satin silver to brilliant silver?" Or maybe you just don't know what you're talking about? If you're one of those people where "close enough is good enough" then kudos to you but I'm not like that.
Besides I asked RPI Designs the question, not you. So what makes you an expert on silver colors and why are you butting in?
you take it easy... Later...

Last edited by D'prived; 11-20-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

as you can see from my screen name my last car was satin silver, and seriously man i was trying to say was that if it werent for the names of the colors Id say that your car is the same color as my car was. i dont get why you have to turn that into some arguement damn you have anger issues
Old 11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
i dont get why you have to turn that into some arguement...
It's not an argument... but I can see you don't and can't understand that. I've always had this policy that I won't get into and argument with someone who's IQ isn't at least 5 points higher than their hat size. Sorry, but I don't think you qualify. Good luck with your future. Oh yeah... punctuation is your friend, try using some.

Last edited by D'prived; 11-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:59 PM
PDParts.Com

Billiant Silver is a color that replaced Satin Silver in 2009...

They ARE different, enough when both held together its a strong difference and you could not put a Satin Silver on a Brilliant Silver car and vice versa...

Do a search on eBay for "headlight splitters". Our company sells them on there $40...You can have Maaco basecoat/clearcoat these splitters for $25 bucks.

The parts WILL NOT fall off. The reason they fall off is become some companies use silicone mold release when making there parts. Silicone mold release will retard any finish and not allow it to stick (paint, adhesives etc). WE DO NOT USE SILICONE MOLD RELEASE on our headlight splitters so adhesion to the urethane is good.

Hope this helps...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PDParts.Com
Billiant Silver is a color that replaced Satin Silver in 2009...

They ARE different, enough when both held together its a strong difference and you could not put a Satin Silver on a Brilliant Silver car and vice versa...

Do a search on eBay for "headlight splitters". Our company sells them on there $40...You can have Maaco basecoat/clearcoat these splitters for $25 bucks.

The parts WILL NOT fall off. The reason they fall off is become some companies use silicone mold release when making there parts. Silicone mold release will retard any finish and not allow it to stick (paint, adhesives etc). WE DO NOT USE SILICONE MOLD RELEASE on our headlight splitters so adhesion to the urethane is good.

Hope this helps...
Helps alot... thank you for the info. I'll be looking you guys up after Christmas for some splitters. Thanks again.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
It's not an argument... but I can see you don't and can't understand that. I've always had this policy that I won't get into and argument with someone who's IQ isn't at least 5 points higher than their hat size. Sorry, but I don't think you qualify. Good luck with your future. Oh yeah... punctuation is your friend, try using some.
Wow, a little harsh towards someone who was trying to help you out a little bit. he may have been wrong, but everyone is wrong at some point. do you get this pissed every time someone tells you something that is wrong? absolutely no reason to call him an idiot, unless you are one of those people who have never been wrong in your life. and if that is the case, then im sorry i butted into the convo.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ryan1994mustang
Wow, a little harsh towards someone who was trying to help you out a little bit. he may have been wrong, but everyone is wrong at some point. do you get this pissed every time someone tells you something that is wrong? absolutely no reason to call him an idiot, unless you are one of those people who have never been wrong in your life. and if that is the case, then im sorry i butted into the convo.
First... it's not a question of being right or wrong. There's a reason one color is called "Satin" and the other is called "Brilliant." You don't have to have a college degree to figure that out.

Second... I asked a simple question and I got my answer (finally). So let's just drop it. Okay?

Quick Reply: Headlight splitters worth it?