Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Exhaust Installation (Com

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:33 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default Exhaust Installation (Com

<FONT size=3>WOW!!!!!!!!!</FONT><FONT size=1> This Saturday, me, my dad &amp; my friend tackled my complete exhaust system. Installed were Bassani midlength headers, Bassani x-pipe w/highflow cats (I opted to use the cats, cuz I live in Chi-town), &amp; a Magnaflow cat-back system. Now, that I have first hand experience I will say that the cat-back, &amp; x-pipe were easy to install. Very simple, &amp; self explanatory. As for the headers...those F#$%@ers took WAYYYY TOO LONG!! My buddy has a lift in his garage, so it made the work a lot easier, but let me tell ya...getting your hands in tight/awkard positions (I got more cuts on myknuckles lol), &amp; what not takes a lot of time. The installation was not difficult, just time consuming. I WOULD NOT try to install headers unless I had access to a lift. If I had to do this in my driveway, I'd rather pay the $600 bucks. As it is, I did not have to fork offer the cash. My buddy said he'd do the entire job for $100. I gave 'em $300, because he earned it IMO. I figure $300 to him is better than $800+ to a shop for the job.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=1>Another benefit of him doing the job is that I was right there working with him watching/helping/learning,&amp; making sure he took care of my car as he would take care of his own. As for WHEN to do the headers...I would not recommend them as a 1st mod, but to be fair, they are not the last of my mods. I almost want to say to do them first to get the SH*T out of the way, but I'd only tackle them when ya decide to do the full system. This Friday is my next off day, so I'm gonna knock out the pulleys, &amp; maybe subframe connectors.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=1>After starting the car, I can say that this setup is NOT AT ALL RASPY. It is VERY LOUD at WOT,&amp; sounds powerful/muscular too!! Driving the car you can instantly feel the increase in responsiveness from the throttle, &amp; definite increase in power. I nailed it in 1st broke loose, shifted into 2nd &amp; began to fishtail sideways! I can't believe how beautiful the car sounds too! So far my check engine light has not come on, but I am still going to geta tuned chip for other things, so if it does it'll be taken care of. OH, ONE MORE THING...I also installed my FRPP Aluminum driveshaft.</FONT></P>
Old 12-09-2003, 04:19 AM
gt200mph
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust Installation (Com

cmon....headers are easy......you want a pain...tyr putting in long tubes into a car with a modified k member(moved back one inch)and a canton road race pan(the one that flares out under the car.....okay now imagine that and then forgeting to put in your fu#@&amp;*^%$ starter....now thats a pain.