Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Tire shine, What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM
drukkosz
1st Gear Member

Default Tire shine, What do you use?

I was wondering what you guys use for your tire shine. I have tried many many products from cheap to expensive and still cannot find the one that I like the most. I am looking for medium to high shine.
thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 05:04 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I'm personally a sucker for Meguiars Endurance High Gloss. Keeps my tires looking good from wash to wash (granted I usually wash weekly).
Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

I use Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel makes my tire real dark shine plus it does not sling.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I don't like the real shiny look so I just use Amor All. I used to use the Mequiars as mentioned above, but it's just a bit too shiny.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Whatever tire shine you use, apply it sparingly. I often see Mustangs at shows with tire shine stains in the fender wells too much was applied. It's also very slick, if some gets on the tread. That may not be an issue for some people, but all my Mustangs are equipped with drag radials for a reason lol.

Shane
Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Magz McGall Tudor

The Nittos on my 98 SVT Cobra look awesome without additional products. The guy I bought her from said a good carwash product (he used Meguiar's) and nothing more should be used. I had heard that some of the "shine" products could breakdown the rubber. I guess it is a personal preference, geographic location and condition of the roads you drive on, and how often you go though tires that makes the call on the product you choose.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Magz McGall Tudor
The Nittos on my 98 SVT Cobra look awesome without additional products. The guy I bought her from said a good carwash product (he used Meguiar's) and nothing more should be used. I had heard that some of the "shine" products could breakdown the rubber. I guess it is a personal preference, geographic location and condition of the roads you drive on, and how often you go though tires that makes the call on the product you choose.
That's because a lot of them contain petroleum distillates.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 PM
BCstang33
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I'm personally a sucker for Meguiars Endurance High Gloss. Keeps my tires looking good from wash to wash (granted I usually wash weekly).
I use Meguiars Endurance as well and after I apply I let it sit for 30 min then i wipe each tire with a towel, It leaves the tires with a nice shine but wipes off all the extra so it doesn't get on the rest of the car.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 PM
jcyGT

i use stuff from M/G Performance products (detail supply shop) im not really sure what the actual brand is but it is great stuff. IMO it is better than anything at pep boys/ Auto zone etc... it will keep a good shine on the tires for a week or two and then after it rains and the shine rinses off it still keeps a real rich black look to the tire
Old 12-22-2013, 11:58 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

I use rubber prep from Griots Garage, I don't like the wet shine look so if your looking for that its not the one for you. It just gives a nice clean matt black finish, they do make a wet look one though too. But they have awesome products!

Quick Reply: Tire shine, What do you use?