Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

whats the best wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:32 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I'm a die-hard Meguiars fan and have an excessive amount of their products (and have since early 2000).

The Chemical Guys have impressed me with some of their products lately as well.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:17 PM
2009RTC

Originally Posted by cleangraystang
The statement about a sealant is totally is true. I checked with 3 different paint and body shops and said to me that they do not advise using a sealant on your cars paint. It is a true fact that a sealant car trap dirt in your cars paint if you are going to use a sealant you must use a cleaner wax first.. Nufinish is good but if you would like to have something that's easy to work with than I still say Maguiar's cleaner Wax or Lucas Slick Mist. Everyone likes something different and I wax my cars a lot so this is just what I like and what works for me just be careful read up before you use it..
Maybe the paint and body shops told you that because they know you use that NuFinish stuff on your car and you'll be in withing 10yrs for a paint job. I've been using a sealant for last few years and have no issues, zero, zilch. I like the look better than wax and a heck of a lot easier than using wax. I've used different sealants, mostly wipe on walk away. Cars done in about 10 Minutes. Another one I use and like is one you use as you dry your car.

But hey....its your car...use what you want.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2009RTC
Maybe the paint and body shops told you that because they know you use that NuFinish stuff on your car and you'll be in withing 10yrs for a paint job. I've been using a sealant for last few years and have no issues, zero, zilch. I like the look better than wax and a heck of a lot easier than using wax. I've used different sealants, mostly wipe on walk away. Cars done in about 10 Minutes. Another one I use and like is one you use as you dry your car.

But hey....its your car...use what you want.
Why has every single post you've put on this forum been with such a negative connotation? Lighten up man...really annoying.

Back on subject, I'm starting to LOVE Meguiars also stuff works wonders.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:19 PM
spectreman
2nd Gear Member

I think Meguire's puts out some of the best stuff us normal folks can buy, that is w/out breaking the bank.

But Turtle Wax products have been out since before I was a teen (back in the 70's). Like I said, I haven't used their products in years but I'm willing to give them a shot for a product that works as easily as this.

And there will always be folks on every web forum who feel the need to post in every thread, thinking their opinion or knowledge is superior to everyone else's. I've belonged to many a forum and yet to see one where there aren't folks like that, w/thread counts in the 5 digit range. My advice- don't feed the monster; just ignore them. You ain't gonna change 'em anyway.
Lee
Old 03-19-2015, 03:08 PM
2009RTC

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
Why has every single post you've put on this forum been with such a negative connotation? Lighten up man...really annoying.

Back on subject, I'm starting to LOVE Meguiars also stuff works wonders.
Don't mean to be. I just hate it when people give out bad advice, especially when it comes to car care as I am very **** about how I take care of mine. I know my way and my products are not for everyone, and try not to force them on people, but I do know what I"m talking about.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:59 PM
cleangraystang
1st Gear Member

My cars and the way that they look speak for them selves on this I use Meguire's on all of my cars and it works not ever have I had a problem with the paint. No bad advice given out its true you should not use any sealants car care is big in my book also I currently own 3 mustangs a 93LX 2009 GT and a 2014 Shelby GT500 so I know what keeps my cars looking good and I willing to tell what I have seen work the best. You can use what you want on yours but if anyone wants a good wax try Meguire's its truly one of the best......
Old 05-05-2015, 02:40 PM
STA-BILŽ
Former Sponsor

If anyone is interested in trying 303Ž Speed Detailer please let us know. This is a simple spray on, wipe dry application that gives a nice shine. You can find a little more info in the link below.

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-speed-detailer

As always, please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great afternoon
Old 05-05-2015, 06:18 PM
swscoo

I have tried many waxes and just tried the new Meguiars Tech 2.0 on my 2015 .. I can honestly say this is the best high performance wax I have used...it takes a little work once it dries but it has a glass shine and lasts well...
Old 08-03-2015, 11:17 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cleangraystang
The statement about a sealant is totally is true. I checked with 3 different paint and body shops and said to me that they do not advise using a sealant on your cars paint. It is a true fact that a sealant car trap dirt in your cars paint if you are going to use a sealant you must use a cleaner wax first.. Nufinish is good but if you would like to have something that's easy to work with than I still say Maguiar's cleaner Wax or Lucas Slick Mist. Everyone likes something different and I wax my cars a lot so this is just what I like and what works for me just be careful read up before you use it..
Gonna have to also disagree with your sealant statement. Both wax and sealants or any other coating should be applied to clean uncontaminated paint. A sealant lasts a little longer than a wax but is not invincible and can be removed by buffing/polishing.

Applying a "cleaner" wax before a sealant is stupid. Why would you prevent the product from adhering to the paint? The "cleaner" portion in that type of wax is a very fine abrasive. So that is a moot point since you should have your paint decontaminated and polished before sealing.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:18 PM
belam
1st Gear Member

I use Meguiar and I.love it ,water beads and runs of the car easy .

Quick Reply: whats the best wax