Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Wirth_GT

Default Exhaust System

I am lookin for an exhaust system for my first car a 1990 5.0 GT, the exhaust sounds ok but i want something that everyone will notice when the only ford car pulls out of our school parking lot.I was thinking about flomaster 2 chamber mufflers and tail pipes, and a BBK H or X pipe(want to now what is better) but i need some ideas for headers. Hooker maybe,i dont now.Thanks
Old 04-28-2003, 07:32 PM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust System

Get the Flowmaster 2 chambers and get Bassani or BBK h-pipe since you want it to sound good. X-pipe will give you better performace but they don't sound as good. The samples are on this website ----->http://ubb.mustangexhaust.com/cgi-bi...?ubb=forum;f=8
Old 04-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Wirth_GT

Default Exhaust System

what about headers
Old 04-30-2003, 07:32 PM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust System

l don't think there is such thing as "bad" headers as long as they're ceramic coated and you get the correct type for your application. l heard short headers will give you power on the low-end.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:53 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

Default Exhaust System

Uh, equal lenght long tube headers will give more power at every RPM over shorties, equal or un-equal length.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:33 PM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust System

Shorties are much easier to install than LT's. l also heard LT's have a ground clearance issue. l'm not trying to start any sh*t.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:59 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

Default Exhaust System

I know, you're voicing your opinon.

The was I look at it: You'll really only be installing headers once, MAYBE twice if you put them on and decide to swap heads later. Big deal. Worth the power to me.

Ground clearance issue, well, I'd honestly have to see photos and documneted cases. Not trying to sound like an *** or disproove something, but I've come to only believe many things if it's in photos or from many sources.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Sean
3rd Gear Member

Default Exhaust System

There is a picture on page 253 of this months issue of MM&FF those long tubes hang way low. I have also read many articles on owners stating that the only thing that they dislike about longtubes is ground clearance.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Wirth_GT

Default Exhaust System

This is what I am thinking about BBK long tubes coated BBK short H pipe wo/cats and American Thunder system. I think the AT system sounds great. I dont think ill change my mind on the Long tubes unless ther ground clearance is a big problem but a lot of people have them and dont seem to complain about them.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Wirth_GT

Default Exhaust System

Does anyone have any idea how much more rwhp that set up would get me or give me a good guess.I know a X pipe would give me more power but im not getting a X pipe so if someone could estimate how much more power i would get thanks

Quick Reply: Exhaust System