Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Your Mustang Story

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM
phantom24
1st Gear Member

Default 1st Mustang

Just bought my first Mustang ever. I have always been a muscle car guy, just never owned a mustang. I purchased a 2011 305 V6. I am absolutelly in love with this car. I have owned others performance cars in my life, but nothing like this. Shoud have done this years ago.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Phantom,

Its amazing what Ford has been able to generate out of a V6 with performance and fuel economy. Enjoy your ride and welcome to the fold!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:44 AM
stiggie

I don't have a Mustang yet but will be picking up an '11 performance white GT coupe soon. I have never been a fan of Detroit cars for many reasons and have had imports all my life. My current car is a Subaru WRX that has been worked and is making a little under 300whp. I've been reading a lot about the '11 Mustang and was impressed with the advances Ford made with it, especially the Coyote V8. I stopped my Sawgrass Ford and test drove the GT and am now totally in-love with that car. The engine is amazing the ride/handling compromise is just about perfect. Bye bye Subaru, hello 5.0
Old 09-14-2010, 08:23 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Stiggie,

We will welcome you to the fold with open arms. I drive a 2005 Roush II daily and with nearly 90,000 miles, I can tell you without reservation that Ford (Detroit) is now producing cars with world class quality. I have NOT had any, repeat any issues with my car other than normal wear and tear. My clutch even lasted to 75,000 miles. I realize that driving habits play a role in that. I think you will be thrilled when you are behind the wheel of your new 5.0 and listen to your Coyote "Howl". Enjoy and best of luck with your new pony!!!!!!!

Last edited by ShakenRoush05; 09-14-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 AM
stiggie

Originally Posted by ShakenRoush05
Stiggie,

We will welcome you to the fold with open arms. I drive a 2005 Roush II daily and with nearly 90,000 miles, I can tell you without reservation that Ford (Detroit) is now producing cars with world class quality. I have NOT had any, repeat any issues with my car other than normal wear and tear. My clutch even lasted to 75,000 miles. I realize that driving habits play a role in that. I think you will be thrilled when you are behind the wheel of your new 5.0 and listen to your Coyote "Howl". Enjoy and best of luck with your new pony!!!!!!!
I am, indeed, looking forward to hearing it howl but what I'm most looking forward to is not having to think about dropping down a gear to get into boost or thinking being caught flat footed with no boost on the highway. The 5.0 will just go. Good stuff
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
NASTY03GT
1st Gear Member

Great thread, I am always interested to hear what began everyone's passion for 'Stangs

I have my older brother to blame. His first car was a 1967 Acapulco Blue 289 cpe. I was only 13 years old and I was in LOVE!!! I knew I wanted a Mustang for myself. Unfortunately my brother was young and dumb and wrecklessly endangered his Mustang within a year by hitting a tree with it. I would fall in love again when I was in high school though. A neighbor of mine had a 1975 candyapple red Mustang II Ghia coupe with a 302 in it. I had been eyeing this car for a year. One day it had a for sale sign on it and I begged my parents to buy it for me since they wanted to get me a car for a graduation present. My parents said no way after what my brother had done to his. After persistant begging I talked my dad into looking at it, he made it clear he was not buying it. Well, after looking at the car for not even 5 minutes, he made an offer and the car came back to our house.

I had 'Mustang Sally' for years until she succumb to too much rust for me to repair her over a year ago. Since then I have had 7 more Mustangs (I had all 8 at one time,lol). A 1978 King Cobra, a 1977 coupe, a 1978 coupe, and the one I did not want to sell but had to was the 1966 289 coupe. I still currently have my 1995 GT vert and my 2003 GT. These will definitely not be my last, just trying to hold out until the 50th is released
Old 09-15-2010, 03:36 PM
stiggie

Originally Posted by NASTY03GT
Great thread, I am always interested to hear what began everyone's passion for 'Stangs

I have my older brother to blame. His first car was a 1967 Acapulco Blue 289 cpe. I was only 13 years old and I was in LOVE!!! I knew I wanted a Mustang for myself. Unfortunately my brother was young and dumb and wrecklessly endangered his Mustang within a year by hitting a tree with it. I would fall in love again when I was in high school though. A neighbor of mine had a 1975 candyapple red Mustang II Ghia coupe with a 302 in it. I had been eyeing this car for a year. One day it had a for sale sign on it and I begged my parents to buy it for me since they wanted to get me a car for a graduation present. My parents said no way after what my brother had done to his. After persistant begging I talked my dad into looking at it, he made it clear he was not buying it. Well, after looking at the car for not even 5 minutes, he made an offer and the car came back to our house.

I had 'Mustang Sally' for years until she succumb to too much rust for me to repair her over a year ago. Since then I have had 7 more Mustangs (I had all 8 at one time,lol). A 1978 King Cobra, a 1977 coupe, a 1978 coupe, and the one I did not want to sell but had to was the 1966 289 coupe. I still currently have my 1995 GT vert and my 2003 GT. These will definitely not be my last, just trying to hold out until the 50th is released
8 at once?!?!?!?

You've had quite a few. How have they evolved? I've read that the late 70's to early 80's were not so good but that they've gotten better every year since.

Your thoughts?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Patriot45

I have always owned four door vehicles for the convenience, but I would get tired of them quickly. For the last three years, my DD's have been Crown Vic's, and I loved the rear drive and the V8 power. My friend (and former Mustang owner) convinced me to check out the local specialty dealer, since my car was paid off. I test drove an '04 Roush R360 and almost bought it. I took a few days to feel the dealer out, when I found out they took trade on an '06 GT, Roush M90. I drove it, got the numbers where I wanted 'em and bought it a week later. I'm hooked. Pics to come soon...
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'll toss in the new toy story to keep this going.

Back when I first bought my white Roush, I was at a little get together in Dallas Sept 2003. Met a guy named Kevin (among others) that afternoon. His was a rare 1998 Stage 2 with a blower and rear exit exhaust. (Stage 3's weren't around 96-00.) Loved the car, he had it done personally for himself. Didn't think much of it at the time as there were several other rare/prototype cars in the group to drool over, and I was new to the whole Roush game. Kevin and I become friends in the years that followed.

Jump head 7 years to Sept 2010. Kevin drops a hint on the Roush forum that he's moving and might be soon unloading the car (one of a couple rare Roush's he kept in his garage). A couple of PMs and a bank transfer later and the car is now parked next to the white V6. We joke they are twins AND opposites. Roush through and through (body, wheels, brakes, suspensions, inteiror trim etc...) and the same Eaton M112 forcing air in. Flip side is two different body styles, pushrod V6 vs SOHC V8 and 5 speed white car vs 6 speed black car. White car is stripped down light weight track car, and the black one is my daily driver and has all the normal creature comforts that Ford had on them.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

alright i guess i can drum up a story lol.

I got the idea of getting a mustang when i was about 8 from racing games. A particular game i was playing had a 68, so i figured i could pick up a 68 for cheap and restore it the way i wanted (yeah dumb idea... i was 8 hahaha). That idea lasted until i realized that i probably wouldnt be able to find a 68 in decent condition for cheap, so i forgot about it.

As i got a little older, i thought about getting something a little more economical, so i was set on a civic. That idea lasted about a year lol, i was about 14.

The emergence of ricers made me happy that i didnt like civics anymore. I fell in love with the 05 body style mustangs and was pretty determined to get an 05 v6 when i got a job. I had also toyed with the idea of getting a 99-04 GT, but the job didnt pay well enough and my parents (well basically my mom) wouldnt let me get a v8 if i wanted to because she felt i would kill myself. Decided that i was going to get a Pony Package 03-04 Pony Package since it had some of the looks and options of the GTs.

2006- Got my job and started saving every penny. I was also hard core looking for nice 99-04 v6 mustangs, preference towards the pony packages. I had found a DSG one and had asked the dealer about it via email. We discussed financing, and i knew I wouldnt be able to afford it. 6 months later in 2007, my parents said they would help me pay for a car for a graduation present (graduate in 08). The same DSG had come back up on autotrader at the same dealer after being off for about 4 months. I got my dad to bring me up to check it out. Everything checked out with him (hes a mechanic/jack of all trades type of guy when it comes to cars) so we picked it up.

Didnt plan on modding it at first, i planned to make it my DD until it couldnt take it anymore, but i have fallen in love with the car too much. I bought a DD so i can keep the mustang in as good of condition as possible. Ive done a few mods to it and will keep going until i have satisfied my need for speed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your Mustang Story