Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

FAQ's forum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:50 AM
ToplessMustang

Default FAQ's forum?

Amanda,
Wondering if there is a 'frequently asked questions' or maybe more appropiately named 'frequently answered threads'(except that spells FAT) where threads deamed 'Useful to many' and 'Info packed' could be placed for all to browse. For instance, new people (and I was one of them) often re-ask about gears - what's the difference, what does it do for gas mileage and tach levels etc... When one of these threads looks complete and is jammed with new value the admin could move it in a special forum or maybe a thread could be recommended by a member and then supported by a certain number of others, then reviewed by the admin and placed in that forum.

Just thought it might be valuable to new members and existing if there were a quick reference spot to go to. I looked around and did not see one - if this already exists...never mind! [IMG][/IMG]
Thanks
Jim
Old 03-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FAQ's forum?

This is one of may things on the plate for all of us mods and techs and such to put together.... more than likely we'll have a FAQ pinned to the top of each thread so we don't get the "oops... I didn't know that this question was asked 1500000000 times" response... they can see FAQ and look around in there to see what's up.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:22 AM
imported_admin
3rd Gear Member

Don't pin everything... we can make an additionnal area for that... great idea... we are working on Tech articles too... start collecting FAT (LOL! That is bad... LOL!) and we'll get going on somethings for it. Good suggestion!!

~Amanda
Old 03-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Krusher
3rd Gear Member

actually I was commenting only about one single pinned post with a collection of faq posts
Old 03-17-2004, 01:42 AM
ToplessMustang

Thanks Amanda and Krusher. I'll be looking for it. By the way, I'm glad to see the changes you've made. I felt some threads got a little out of hand sometimes. It's looking better already.
Jim
Old 03-17-2004, 01:52 AM
imported_admin
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words... we're are trying hard...

~Amanda