Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Clean up the site

Old 09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
76MACH1

Default Clean up the site

To the owner/ moderators, please clean up the site. I took 30 minutes to get in with 315 members and 3087 guests online. I'm on dialup, and keep getting kicked out because it takes tooooooooooooooooooooooo long for the main page then a sub forum to load, then I tried to access the forum for Canada, and get booted out again. There are too many parts to the main page that are animated, and each animated link is slowing down the site opening on my computer.

You want people to join, then they can't enjoy the site. This has been going on weekly since I joined, and some days I don't even bother logging in, because it takes toooooooooo long.

Why do you have a friggin ad for General Motors on a Mustang site. Total waste of time.

Thank you
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Clean up the site

ORIGINAL: 76MACH1

To the owner/ moderators, please clean up the site. I took 30 minutes to get in with 315 members and 3087 guests online. I'm on dialup, and keep getting kicked out because it takes tooooooooooooooooooooooo long for the main page then a sub forum to load, then I tried to access the forum for Canada, and get booted out again. There are too many parts to the main page that are animated, and each animated link is slowing down the site opening on my computer.

You want people to join, then they can't enjoy the site. This has been going on weekly since I joined, and some days I don't even bother logging in, because it takes toooooooooo long.

Why do you have a friggin ad for General Motors on a Mustang site. Total waste of time.

Thank you
To the noob on dialup...join the 21st century please and get off of dialup. I have been to several other forums and most are more cluttered than this one. In my opinion I doubt the animated stuff will be removed to accomodate a few (very few) people on dial-up. Keep in mind my opinion is as that of a member and not a Moderator or Administrator and in no such way reflects the views or opinions they may have of your post.

I've never seen a GM ad on this site..?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:19 AM
76MACH1

To the person who isn't a moderator, keep your comment to yourself. There are thousands of people who can't access hi speed, because they prefer to live in the country, instead of a smog infested city. Try not to be as rude next time.

I have been on other sites, and they load faster, and you can have more than one page open at the same time from those sites without it affecting the opening/loading speed. Here I can only have one page open.

As for GM ads, watch the screen. There are GM cars floating in the air like the ad on TV.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

im still trying to find the GM ad...i dont see it...if you could take a screen shot and show me where it is, I will see what I can do, but none of our vendors have GM ads.

I live in the middle of no where, and I have cable internet, and its nice and fast...bashing the site, then a good, long time member like derf, isnt going to get you anywhere.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

well...it can take longer to load than other sites.....not complaining, just an opinion...and I am on DSL
Old 09-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

there were some changes made last night that speed it up a bit, it has done so for me.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM
V8Cody
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 76MACH1

To the person who isn't a moderator, keep your comment to yourself. There are thousands of people who can't access hi speed, because they prefer to live in the country, instead of a smog infested city. Try not to be as rude next time.

I have been on other sites, and they load faster, and you can have more than one page open at the same time from those sites without it affecting the opening/loading speed. Here I can only have one page open.

As for GM ads, watch the screen. There are GM cars floating in the air like the ad on TV.
Try not to be as rude next time? What the hell are you smoking fool? Can you find me the post where it says you have the right to be rude to others but others can't be rude to you? This is a public forum, everyone can post there opinions. Oh also, there is this thing called High Speed internet via satellite.

I have also yet to see a GM ad. The only ad I can possibly think of is the Royal Purple Ad where they show a Camaro's gains from using their Oil, and I don't see a problem with that.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
farseek1
1st Gear Member

Who died and promoted everyone with a smart mouth to moderator? If you folks notice the forum asks for complaints
or suggestion about the site, not a bunch of" sore-toed bigmouths" trying to run the show. A little courtesy and tending to your own business would help a lot. This forum is for the advancement of our Mustang passions, not a place to blow off steam.
Thanks moderator for a civil and helpful answer to the members statement, appreciate your hard work.