Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Locking Posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default Locking Posts

It seems as if some of the moderators are a little to trigger happy when closing posts. I understand that alot of posts just get into flame wars and then I believe it is ok to close it, but there is a difference between an intelligent argument and a flame war and sometimes the mods close the intelligent arguments also. Overall I beleieve they do a pretty good job but I just figured I would say something about it. This issue just came up about making disclaimers for videos that might be offensive to people. Maybe you could just make a sticky at the top that suggets putting a disclaimer if the video or pictures will contain any content. Maybe that will satisfy some people.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:19 PM
imported_admin
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Locking Posts

If you think something was closed unjustly, email or PM me and I'll look at it right away.

As for the content sticky, I'll work on it ASAP and post it.

~Amanda
Old 07-30-2004, 12:26 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

How bout a sticky that just says "some videos may contain objectionable material, view at your own risk"

I think its unfortunate that 1 or 2 people on these entire boards that get whiney about every little thing are gonna create more work for the other thousands of members
Old 07-30-2004, 02:20 PM
imported_admin
3rd Gear Member

I agree... I'm not going to make it something everyone has to do. LOL!

~Amanda
Old 07-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

you wouldn't be referring to me would you?

let me clear things up in case you are.

I certainly do not want to have disclaimers on anything. I NEVER said i did, nor have I ever called for it. Please re-read my posts, and try to understand the CONTEXT of those posts, on the "your efforts are appreciated trip7 thread." I mentioned it as part of an answer to a question from razor19. If by that you think I'm calling for disclaimers on possibly offensive material all i can say is that you are wrong, and that you're jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Let me also go on to say that that thread was not aimed at you or 98ls1, rather to some of the ridiculous posts that came after.

Overall, I think you're an ok guy. I don't want to start flame wars with anyone, but I will call out things which are just plain wrong, that I find offensive (and it takes a lot, really, for me to say anything).
Old 08-01-2004, 01:41 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Razor19

It seems as if some of the moderators are a little to trigger happy when closing posts. I understand that alot of posts just get into flame wars and then I believe it is ok to close it, but there is a difference between an intelligent argument and a flame war and sometimes the mods close the intelligent arguments also. Overall I beleieve they do a pretty good job but I just figured I would say something about it. This issue just came up about making disclaimers for videos that might be offensive to people. Maybe you could just make a sticky at the top that suggets putting a disclaimer if the video or pictures will contain any content. Maybe that will satisfy some people.

Moderators will not lock posts unless it is really out of hand..Myself, Trip, Sidewayz, and Krusher try our best to keep the threads open.

Unfortunatly, some members push it too far and flame wars start.