Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 AM
95gtwifes
1st Gear Member

Default classifieds

ive been a member of this forum 2 years now i dont post very musch but have been a membwer for years. now i wish to sell my mustang and all i get is greif over not having 50 posts this is ridiculous if i had just joined ok but ive been here two years. i think this rule needs to have exceptions and all you are forcing people to do is post to ???'s they may not know just to get post count up.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: classifieds

the point of the classified section is for active members to post parts or cars for sale. we have gotten into WAY too many people who stop in, post something for sale, and never come back.

why is that a problem? because it leaves no accountability to those who are posting things for sale, and it allows too much room for scammers to take advantage of the members here.

So, in an effort to protect the members from these people, we have been forced to set these rules. People who do not have at least 50 posts probably arent active members, and they probably contributenothing to the forum, so why should they be able to try to sell their items here?

If it wouldnt effectively punish the contributing members, I would remove the classified section altogether, as it is SUBSTANTIALLY more work than it will ever, ever be worth.

If you were one of the members who had gotten ripped off in the past by a 1-post wonder, then you would feel differently about this, but in the end, the rules are the rules.

Ill give you some advice..if you really want to sell your car, put it on craigslist..ive had excellent luck buying and selling cars on there.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Mjaga251
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: classifieds

Awesomely said! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]