Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Posting Photobucket pics in threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:54 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default Posting Photobucket pics in threads

It used to be that all I had to do was click the yellow photo icon, paste the URL of a picture and hit OK. Now when I try to embed a photo it tells me the file it too large. The pictures are not very big pixelwise, and only like 250k or so.

Am I missing something? Can someone high up delete the sticky on how to do it on the old forum and write a new one?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I havent come across that error at all yet dave. I am at work now and photobucket isnt accessable so i cant test it it but i have posted many times since the upgraded without issues.

alternatively, try putting the image tags on it to to see if the works

[img]photobucketurl[/img]
Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey Dave,
Are you trying to use the "manage attachements" down below? I have the same issue on that...However....

Just go to Photobucket, and use the bottom tab on your photos, i.e. the IMG code. Click on it, which of course copies it, then just right click and paste it directly into your post....

Hope it helps,
Mike

Last edited by mlcrycc; 08-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Keelo

Originally Posted by howarmat
I havent come across that error at all yet dave. I am at work now and photobucket isnt accessable so i cant test it it but i have posted many times since the upgraded without issues.

alternatively, try putting the image tags on it to to see if the works

[img]photobucketurl[/img]

I am clearly missing some sort of plug in, I see a ton of what should be images with just the words like the link surrrounded by code like [img] [/img] etc. I have looked in the user options to find anything that might help but for now i only see about half of all the photos posted on this site.
Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

it also happens when I am trying to make a post of my pictures from file den as well.

Keelo
Old 08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

There is still a yellow insert image button, you just cannot see it because your settings are wrong. Go to user cp > edit options> scroll down to the bottom and change the Miscellaneous option to enhanced interface. Once you do that you will be able post pictures just like the old site.

Everyone needs to take some time and read through your options. Most will find they have a lot of options turned off.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1gt
There is still a yellow insert image button, you just cannot see it because your settings are wrong. Go to user cp > edit options> scroll down to the bottom and change the Miscellaneous option to enhanced interface. Once you do that you will be able post pictures just like the old site.

Everyone needs to take some time and read through your options. Most will find they have a lot of options turned off.
Good advice right there. I think I checked every option, except that one....Thanks....

Mike