Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

How Ruff is to Ruff

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Question How Ruff is to Ruff

For off topic?

Off topic is a fairly rough section, and redass acts accordingly to keep the section running as smoothly as it does.
- ROTM

I see constant flaming and harassing of other members, sometimes sarcastic sometimes not. Me, Matt Lowe and SWATSCHOOL most likely get insulted more then any other members. Mods have even insulted us. My question is , if mods are going to give me a warning for a sarcastic statement , what is going to be done when I have been the one insulted?

Please try not to respond to the this unless you are Staff
Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

When its a case of someone who has dished out more than his or her share, you cannot expect to be treated the same as the other, useful members.

Youve been a thorn in the side of the staff here for a LONG time, and swatschool is a useless troll who has been banned multiple times. Perhaps if you didnt associate yourself with trolls, you wouldnt be treated like one. Your nane frequently comes up in the mod room, and you should know better than to push the issue.

But fear not, you dont have to deal with redass anymore.

Next? Anyone else want to take up odds with moderators on the open forum today?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Lightbulb

Thanks for the response , you ardoller and martin have been nicer to me then most here.

If I'm a thorn or a have tainted this site in some way, tell me what to do differently and I will comply. I feel like my threads are pretty thought out and most of the time have more content then " Quick turn to ESPN " or
"Which way to do you stand in the shower"

Also note that I dont resort to personal attacks and condemn others for it 99% of the time. I stay on topic are argue my point professionally.

and now it seems I have been removed form OT for one sarcastic comment taken to seriously.

Last edited by SXGT; 10-08-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Im not being nice. Im being pissed off...but ive spoken to you plenty on AIM in the past.

sarcastic? youve been here long enough to know that we dont tolerate people calling out mods...and you created a thread, based on a call out thread, that was locked by a pissed off admin.

You were unhappy about how the OT section was run, and since this is a mustang site, you still have the benefit of accessing the vast amount of technical information, but you wont have to deal with redass anymore.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Ride Of The Month
Im not being nice. Im being pissed off...but ive spoken to you plenty on AIM in the past.

sarcastic? youve been here long enough to know that we dont tolerate people calling out mods...and you created a thread, based on a call out thread, that was locked by a pissed off admin.

You were unhappy about how the OT section was run, and since this is a mustang site, you still have the benefit of accessing the vast amount of technical information, but you wont have to deal with redass anymore.

Im talking about the warning I got for calling the guy with two girl friends a bunch of bad words.

I didn't call out red *** or any mod. Red *** is only mentioned in my post because I wanted to quote you to show how you agree OT is a ruff area. I agree with RED 90% of the time when he speaks evn tho he has insulted me before. I never mentioned I was unhappy I just thought it was off for someone who constantly gets insulted, to get a warning and removed from OT when he makes ONE post which was sarcastic and not serious.

again I feel like I'm being punished for speaking up, something which all staff should always be open to regardless of the poster.

"if he is rude just best to ignore him and let him destroy his own image."

- in that thread i had a chance to bash red, and I didnt.

Last edited by SXGT; 10-08-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

And you dont think that this would cause newer members to think that its ok to complain about mods?

The moderators and admin here are on a volunteer basis..and they put up with a tremendous amount of crap.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

And you dont think that this would cause newer members to think that its ok to complain about mods?

The moderators and admin here are on a volunteer basis..and they put up with a tremendous amount of crap.
I'm not complaining about Mods at all. I'm saying If a mod gives me a warning thats FINE i told acer I would comply, Mods are just doing their jobs. The spin here is WHEN I get insulted , what is going to be done about it.

My delima is I have a warning from Acer from insulting someone when I im the one who gets insulted constantly. This isnt an Acer or red *** issue , its a member issue as in who is going to have the laws enforced on them.

If i cant insult people that's FINE but if i follow the rule i expect others to follow and not insult me.

this is more of a member cooperation issue not a Mod issue.

Last edited by SXGT; 10-08-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Point taken, and I will speak with the mod staff about this issue. I expect some of them to chime in at some point as well...

On a side note, firefox has a built in spellchecker..
Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Point taken, and I will speak with the mod staff about this issue. I expect some of them to chime in at some point as well...

On a side note, firefox has a built in spellchecker..
Yes but I tend to not take time to use it unless It for school work. Thank you for hearing me out on this.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SXGT
Im talking about the warning I got for calling the guy with two girl friends a bunch of bad words.

I didn't call out red *** or any mod. Red *** is only mentioned in my post because I wanted to quote you to show how you agree OT is a ruff area. I agree with RED 90% of the time when he speaks evn tho he has insulted me before. I never mentioned I was unhappy I just thought it was off for someone who constantly gets insulted, to get a warning and removed from OT when he makes ONE post which was sarcastic and not serious.

again I feel like I'm being punished for speaking up, something which all staff should always be open to regardless of the poster.

"if he is rude just best to ignore him and let him destroy his own image."

- in that thread i had a chance to bash red, and I didnt.

To be honest. The one time that I happen to be trolling through OT, I saw that post, and gave you an infraction for it. Nobody complained, and nobody said anything else about it. It really wasn't a big deal. It was just a warning for you to watch your mouth. I also responded to the PM you sent me. It's over and done with now. Get over it.

I cannot for the life of me understand how some of you OT trolls can take Off Topic so seriously. Is your reason for getting up in the morning really a website with a bunch of children harassing each other? It's been pointed out on numerous occasions, the reasons that people make fun of you in there. Yet you continue to go back, make stupid posts, and then call out the mods in a different section. I think it's probably time that you stepped away from the computer, went outside, and made some real friends. Perhaps the internet is not the place for you.

Last edited by Sidewayz6.0; 10-08-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: How Ruff is to Ruff