Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Problems With Logging In

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Default Problems With Logging In

I had some issues with logging into the forum last week after being away for a few months. I would get a message indicating I was logged into the forum but then it would log me out automatically when the forum actually showed up on the screen. It took me at least a dozen log in attempts for it to work correctly.

I was talking on the phone to another member of this forum a couple of days ago and he experienced the same problem. He has dial up and is very frustrated with this and requested that I post this issue on his behalf.

Is this problem being experienced by other members?

Denise
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 AM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I think I'm having the same problem. I log in and then when I go to make a post I will type it out and click 'post', but then it says I can't because I'm not logged in. I need to keep logging in multiple times before the post will go through.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM
allenfre

Originally Posted by Leadfoot
I had some issues with logging into the forum last week after being away for a few months. I would get a message indicating I was logged into the forum but then it would log me out automatically when the forum actually showed up on the screen. It took me at least a dozen log in attempts for it to work correctly.

I was talking on the phone to another member of this forum a couple of days ago and he experienced the same problem. He has dial up and is very frustrated with this and requested that I post this issue on his behalf.

Is this problem being experienced by other members?

Denise
It used to happen with other forums also. But I can't still figure things out after clearing some caches from my browser & stuff..
Old 12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Ride of the Month - I sent you a personal message about my friend Wildcobrar. Is there anything you can do?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:30 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Leadfoot
Ride of the Month - I sent you a personal message about my friend Wildcobrar. Is there anything you can do?

Wildcobrar here, I am still having trouble logging in. I log in and it will welcome me and then put me right back to the log in page. I have tried logging in a work and a friend's place just to make sure it has nothing to do with my own computer.

I have to retry multiple times to get on here and sometimes, no matter how many login attempts I make it just does not happen. There are times i will try to log in everyday multiple times and just can not get logged on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Joe
Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Its been weird for me too lately. It will say Im not logged on, but then after going to a couple different pages, it will say I am logged back in. Also a couple of my posts randomly disappeared after I left the page.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

I have the same problem at home but not at work. I have Windows Vista at home, maybe that is part of the problem because Vista sucks a**!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

same here
Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

I would really like to know why we aren't getting a response from a moderator on this. What's the point of having this section?

Nice to see that you were able to post again Joe.

Denise
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Default I think I have the answer??

I had the same problem tonight. It would not log me on unless I checked the "remember me" box. It worked the FIRST ATTEMPT. This may not be the answer for everyone but it worked for me. I'm also using a different computer than usual, one at my school. I NEVER have a problem with my home PC. I'm wondering if I didn't log off before I left the house earlier today and it still has me logged in on my home pc, and maybe this resets it? Heck I dunno. Hope this helps some of ya. Good Luck. BK

Quick Reply: Problems With Logging In