Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Cannot view pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

I hope someday I can see pictures.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Are you referring to the classifieds section?

30 days and 50 posts my friend. And then all will be well.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Mr Joshua

So you're telling me i have to make 50 posts just to view attachments and keep the account for 30 days? This forum considers that what, a spam prevention measure? You are joking right? You have only given me incentive to find the help section and inform you of a rather unappealing as well as useless rule that only prevents me from gaining the information I wish to obtain and securing my membership for only 30 days. The attachments I wished to view were in the tech section, so it basically means now I'm going to chat up the lounge or respond to spark plug gaping questions 47 times in order to meet the bare requirements, gain access to the information that I require and promptly forget the existence of this forum as I've lived without it's overflowing tech knowledge base up until this point.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Well, you didn't have to be rude. I just assumed you were in the classified section as this issue creeps up weekly it seems.

PM an administrator, I dont work here.

Edit. Also.. If youre having trouble in the tech section, it would help if you post that thread your having trouble with. Sometimes images break too.

Last edited by Shampue; 08-29-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Mr Joshua

Check the Newbie/Intro forum, I can't PM admistrators or anyone else for that matter, I've tried the usual VBB tricks.
I've found the info I require access to, per this thread, I have neither the post count or the time accrued to view such matter. So if i post a thread asking for help with such a matter, I still won't be able to view attachments anyways, so what's my motivation for posting a tech thread again? That wasn't rude, that was showing my disdain for inane rules in a rather eloquent manner, more so than I'm used to.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

People can link images from image shack and the like. Most forum attachment devices I find clunky and easier to host on imgur.
Regardless. Either do the required post/time or do as you said and you can leave.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Mr Joshua

Interestingly enough, I can now view attachments, either the requirements have changed, or people were misinformed of the time frame. peace!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM
dream74

I wondered about this too. It took me a while to realize that was why I couldn't see pics too. I thought I had violated some posting rule, then realized I just need to post more and lurk less.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM
GT-Bill

Default You learn something new everyday.

I have tried to view several for sale items and just figured I was doing something wrong. My computer skills are pretty much limted to different forums and getting e-mail. I can't even go to a sites email address because I keep getting "email default client not properly installed" and I have no idea what that means. I don't know much about what makes a car tick, I just know that I like a fun car. I enjoy reading what others post but since I usually don't have any info to add I keep quite. I was a member of LXforums for 6 years and had less then 50 posts. Although I went to meetings and shows around Florida all the time. Bill
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
07stangED
1st Gear Member

kinds of sucks that I can view and participate in threads, but not view pics of items for sale.

Quick Reply: Cannot view pics