Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Signature

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs down Signature

So who's that admin who changed my signature deleting the link to my youtube channel and putting a "warning" there in red lettering saying I can't post links to another website or products or companies that aren't a sponsor and saying it's my last warning WITHOUT sending me a private message regarding it? What is wrong with a member posting a link to their youtube channel in their signature?

Last edited by iceguyb14; 07-31-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

.................................................. ?????
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I was not involved with your issue, so I cannot comment about what happened because I did not see what your signature said before the editing. But here is a link to forum rules -

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...f-updated.html

It sounds to me as though your warning was issued via the edited signature, which removed the link.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
I was not involved with your issue, so I cannot comment about what happened because I did not see what your signature said before the editing. But here is a link to forum rules -

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...f-updated.html

It sounds to me as though your warning was issued via the edited signature, which removed the link.
Just read through the rules. It didn't violate any of the rules. Unless posting a link to a youtube account is "advertising".
Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
Just read through the rules. It didn't violate any of the rules. Unless posting a link to a youtube account is "advertising".

I am not an admin , but if you private message me the link that you had posted in you sig, I may be able to shed some light as to why it was removed.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

...or iceguyb14 could have followed up with me directly via PM. That way I could have looked into the matter for him.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 PM
HRnB
Administrator

I removed your link and gave you the warning. I didn't PM you because the warning in your sig was your warning.

Linking to your youtube account with your spam all over it is called third party filtering and is not allowed.

You are welcome to be a part of our community, which doesn't require anything more than just the love of Mustangs and to chit chat about Mustangs with other members here. The mention of your site etc isn't necessary to be a good member of our community.

Enjoy our forums
Chris
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HRnB
I removed your link and gave you the warning. I didn't PM you because the warning in your sig was your warning.

Linking to your youtube account with your spam all over it is called third party filtering and is not allowed.

You are welcome to be a part of our community, which doesn't require anything more than just the love of Mustangs and to chit chat about Mustangs with other members here. The mention of your site etc isn't necessary to be a good member of our community.

Enjoy our forums
Chris
My youtube account with my spam all over it is third party filtering? Lol wtf do you guys care what my youtube account has? It is a youtube devoted to mustang stuff. Isn't that what this site is about?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

My youtube account with my spam all over it is third party filtering? Lol wtf do you guys care what my youtube account has? It is a youtube devoted to mustang stuff. Isn't that what this site is about?
+1 to that. Sounds pretty stupid to me.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:47 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

It is perfectly fine to post a link to your youtube channel , provided it is in a thread, pertinent topic or general " check out my ride " type of post.

How ever linking it permanently to your sig is a violation of rule #7

" 7. No promotions of other related sites. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered "SPAM" and is not allowed. Please have the decency of NOT putting links to them in your signature, profile or have a post, PM or Chat telling our members to come over to another related site. Such activity is ground for removal from signature, and repeated offenses are grounds for being banned. "

Your sig violated this rule.

Had you read the rules you would have known that .

Quick Reply: Signature