General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Perfect Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

Default Perfect Mustang

I've seen the conversion in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords but I want to know yalls opinion and the capabiliy of this transformation.

My ABSOLUTE favorite Mustang is the 03 Cobra. The power, the looks, etc.. I hated the 05 - 06 Mustangs for every reason. Now that I sit back and look at the new styles the only thing I like about them is the front end, the grille, the bumper, the lights. From there back I flat out hate the style and how sluggish the massive body gives off.

So you've decided you like the front ends of the 05, why not put it on an 03 Cobra? I can't remember what the company name is and I'm to lazy to search for the pictures right now. But when I saw the look that car gave off I was suprised at how good it looked. It had the muscular look of an 03 body but that boxy yet sexy look of the new 'Stang front end.

What do yall think about it? How hard would it be to pull the conversion off?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:57 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Perfect Mustang

theres a kit and it looks awkward. i think itd be easier to change the 05 to look more like a cobra. by easier i mean look less aweful
Old 03-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

Yea I didn't say it was perfect lol I just wish you could combine it. I like the front end of the 05 - 06 but I love the front end of the 99 - 04. I wouldn't change it but I'd like to have a seperate car that combined the best of the two in a milder fashion.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:32 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i know what you mean man, i like the retro front end of the new stangs. the rest of them seem too bulky like you said. ive only seen a couple up close though, im sure theyll grow on me the more i see.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

i like the aggressive look of the 05's, but maybe im just biased cause i have one haha
however, the 05 conversion kit is GAWDAWFUL. it is literally painful to look at, youll know what im talking about if u see it.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

Yea I looked it up and it's a cryin shame people actually buy it. I guess youl never be able to put em together. But if it COULD be pulled off flawlessly I think it might look pretty darn good.

Theres a few 05s that I've seen that almost compelled me to want one but maybe one day I'll buy one, just no time soon.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

i think the 05 coulda been done better. theyre just trying to compete with all the other retro junk. but the roush and saleen and thatv new shelby coming out do look good, i just dont like the stock look on them. need better wheels on them too!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

The Shelby looks fantastic. I think there is two models but I'm talking about the more expensive one. It's got the bigger, wider body kit and the huge rims. I think that it looks really good. In fact I like most of the 05/06 'Stangs and I give their owners props for doin a really good job, but personally it's not my taste. I've never actually seen the Roush. Got a site or anything?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

05s are fugly, leave it as a cobra and put that money into a preformance mod.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Aversion
1st Gear Member

Yea I didn't say I would ever waste my money on anything. If I had a Cobra or a GT or even my v6, I would lower it put rims on it and spend the rest of my money on performance.

Quick Reply: Perfect Mustang