General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
dave86
1st Gear Member

Default suspension

I'm considering getting either H&R Cup kit or Eibach Sport-System kit. Which would probably be better? How much should I expect to be charged for install?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: suspension

I went with the Steeda sport springs and like the handling very much. Of course that is not all I changed at the time. I also had them install Tokico struts and shocks with KYB quads at the same time as the springs. You MUST also get a new front end alignment after installing springs and/or struts otherwise everything will be way out to lunch in your front end. I had everything installed at Pep Boys and it cost somewhere in the low to mid $200's I believe. Not really too bad for springs, struts, shocks and quads. You have to totally disconnect the struts, shocks and quads anyway to install the springs, so do it all at once and save on labor big time. Only other part I installed separate after the fact was Ford Racing rear upper control arms. They helped keep my rearend in line much better than stock. The car now most definitely feels "down" on the road. Steeda springs also gave my car a nice rear to front rake. I have pictures of the lowered version on this site in the members gallery under Deannostang. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

You will also need a bump steer kit. I got the steeda and love it. I also went with the G-track stage 1 from steeda and love it too. I have not changed shocks yet but that's comming this summer. Found out yesterday that the tax man got me for last year, so my return will be 3 mo late. but I love that H&R block. They missed the W2 so they have to eat the 2,000 from there pice of mind guarntee. also get the lower control arms.

I would do the install my self it's not hard. but have a friend there.

I would never take my car Pepboy's, I have seen some things they have done to fiends cars.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:47 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2VNA
I would never take my car Pepboy's, I have seen some things they have done to fiends cars.
im goin to agree with this, a very good friend of mine got SCREWED by pepboys on an oil change

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
dave86
1st Gear Member

whatever i do, i want to get it right the first time around. so, what all would i need to get with the springs & shocks. bump steer kit, alignment, control arms, anything else?
Old 03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

dude look into kenny brown, UPR or maximum motorsports before you blow all your money on the steeda stuff. same or better quality and 1/2 the price. steeda's prices are just thru the roof. and i like the eibach sportlines. if you want your car to look good, get the sportlines. eibach makes the baest springs in my opinion and it lowers 2" the steeda barely even lowers your car. i have the sportlines, upper/lower upr adjustable control arms and BBK subframe connectors and theyre really awesome. and almost half the price of steeda. just something to think about..
Old 03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
dsum14
2nd Gear Member

I didn't use a bump steer kit on my car when I lowered it with the Eibach Pro Kit. Should I have to use a bump steer kit? I don't even know what that is.
D
Old 03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dsum14

I didn't use a bump steer kit on my car when I lowered it with the Eibach Pro Kit. Should I have to use a bump steer kit? I don't even know what that is.
D

Bump Steer from Steeda

read up on what bumpsteer is and how to correct
Old 03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
dsum14
2nd Gear Member

I see.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tac2cul

ORIGINAL: dsum14

D

Bump Steer from Steeda

read up on what bumpsteer is and how to correct

do any spring kits offer this bushings as well?

Quick Reply: suspension