General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Hurricanedt77
2nd Gear Member

Default Nitrous questions

Whats up guys, just wondering how much a 10 lb bottle cost per fill. I'm installing a Edlebrock Performer Carb plate system (100 Shot) in a week, and also rebuilding my entire 302, new gaskets, rings, main and rod bearings. I heard that I should change my plugs after every few runs or something crazy like that, I'd never heard this before, is it true? And moreso, what should I run for timing, 10 Advanced? And any other tips from anyone who runs nitrous, or is just a brain.. Does anyone else have the same kit?j
Thanks, I aprecaite it

~Ndiz

www.myspace.com/ndiz50 <~~~ afew pics of my car
Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous questions

Well, I haven't had to get my bottle re-filled yet... but I want to say it is somewhere around the tune of $3/lb. So you're looking at $30 to fill. It varies from shop to shop sometimes.

You do not need to change your plugs every two runs, that's ridiculous. What they meant, I think, is that you should CHECK your plugs every run or two for the first 10-20 runs... just to be sure nothing is going wrong. You may need to adjust your gap, or move a heat range down for plugs. If they are getting messed up you know something is not right.

As for your timing, back it down two degrees from the factory timing, maybe a little more for safety and move the timing up one degree at a time. I don't know off-hand what the factory timing is from TDC.

General tips, just be really cautious with it for a while till your are positive it is running right. Be really aware for it running lean when you spray... if anything let it be a little bit rich for starters till you can dial it in.