General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 AM
97cobraGAD!!!
1st Gear Member

Default how to please?

how do you adjust the clutch's engagement pnt w/o buying any of those adjusters. After they put the stage II cutch, the clutch was left very high. I would like it to be no exactly at half way but a little lower.

Also, does putting a new clutch changes the sound of the car? some how the car doesn't sound as smooth as before. The clutch(spec stg II) at +/- 545 miles still chaters a bit, specially in fith gear and when going up a hill at low rpms. Is that normal?

GOD Bless.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:30 AM
97cobraGAD!!!
1st Gear Member

Default RE: how to please?

Anyone please? i really need to fix this.

Thank you

GOD Bless you!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:09 AM
97cobraGAD!!!
1st Gear Member

this is sad, 4 days and not one response. I know some of the ppl here could really help me. I'm getting the steeda quadrant, adjustable cable and firewall adjuster at mustangtuning.com

I'm a little concerned about the car dough. I still chatters after 600 miles. specially on third and fith gear at about 3k rpms. Not sure if the engine is skipping or if its just the clutche's engagement point being too high. you have to pull the clutch pedal almost all the way out in order to take off. I also doesn't sound the same. sounds as if i had a hole on the exhaust or as if air was leaking from somewhere.

please. i need you opinios, thank you and GOD Bless ya'll
Old 04-08-2006, 06:40 AM
tjd8456

Did you have the flywheel turned?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:30 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: 97cobraGAD!!!

this is sad, 4 days and not one response. I know some of the ppl here could really help me. I'm getting the steeda quadrant, adjustable cable and firewall adjuster at mustangtuning.com

I'm a little concerned about the car dough. I still chatters after 600 miles. specially on third and fith gear at about 3k rpms. Not sure if the engine is skipping or if its just the clutche's engagement point being too high. you have to pull the clutch pedal almost all the way out in order to take off. I also doesn't sound the same. sounds as if i had a hole on the exhaust or as if air was leaking from somewhere.

please. i need you opinios, thank you and GOD Bless ya'll
The only tme the clutch would chatter is in first as you are letting it out. Once you are driving and changing gears, that should not be an issue. Are you sure the clutch is the problem or your description is correct? Also, the clutch is self adjusting unless you have an adjustable quadrant as you mentioned above.

Did you have to diconnect the exhaust when you did the clutch? If so, that may explain how your car sounds.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

You're stock clutch cable could be stretched, the best thing to do is put an aluminum quadrant in with a new stock Ford cable (not a cheap aftermarket they stretch easily) and firewall adjuster. I've seen too many stock quadrants with the teeth stripped off of them.