General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

can some one help me PLEASE

Old 04-29-2006, 01:09 AM
jav6587

Default can some one help me PLEASE

i have a 04 mustang gt. i put some time and money in it . i hav ford racing shorty headers with the high flow h-pipe. i put a aluminum drive shaft and 3:73 gears. for the motor i put a k&n cold air intake and buoght the 4 setting super chip also running 100 shot of the zex dry nos system. i ask people around here what are some more thing i can do and they respond it's a 4.6 nothing. every one here are all about the imports and i dont really like going to the track and getting beat by a neon. i ask about under drive pullies. they tell ne no. i ask about throttle bodies they tell me no . i ask about cams they tell me inless i get different heads yes . i ask about injectors they tell me no. if any one can help please let me know . thank you .
Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: can some one help me PLEASE

You would get ALOT more exposure posting this in the 4.6 section
Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Throttle bodies,UDP's,cams,and head work all can help a 4.6.It sounds like the people you are asking are either ignorant or scared.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:04 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Oh, man! I've been looking for a chance to post the attachment below. tee hee hee
i ask people around here what are some more thing i can do and they respond it's a 4.6 nothing. every one here are all about the imports and i dont really like going to the track and getting beat by a neon. i ask about under drive pullies. they tell ne no. i ask about throttle bodies they tell me no . i ask about cams they tell me inless i get different heads yes . i ask about injectors they tell me no. if any one can help please let me know . thank you .
you ask, you ask, you ask, you ask and you ask. Man, you got every bit of two posts, both saying the same thing whining about no help. When have you asked anybody anything? PM's? Different screen name? Using telepathic telemetry? Let's get it moving here, noob. Get that damn thing up to 300-325+HP off the sauce, hit the button and HOOOOYAAAAAAAH!

What's your budget, lil feller? That's the first symptom of the illness that you need to tell us so the prescription will be appropriate. You know what they say -- Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice.
SO....

Whaddaya wanna spend? More importantly, what CAN you spend? C'mon, spit it out, you lil booger you. We're here to help. We want you to kick the shizznig outta that neon who's bullying everybody at the track. Otherwise, [IMG]local://upfiles/12131/D4886A1F79CD439C8187AD5AB8573CA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2006, 04:42 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

+1
Old 05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
jav6587

first dude the neon is runnin a 11:2 in a 1/4 and has over 400 horse. my budget i make 75,000 a year plus getting a monthly check from the va. ok why i say that is because there is no dealers and everyone deals with imports. anthor reasaon is i might of put it twice because i never been here before and did not know if it posted or not, money is not a issue it is no one wants mustangs out there because they all want imports. at the track. and i do no want to spray nor be super charged i want motor
Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Sean97
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

Oh, man! I've been looking for a chance to post the attachment below. tee hee hee
i ask people around here what are some more thing i can do and they respond it's a 4.6 nothing. every one here are all about the imports and i dont really like going to the track and getting beat by a neon. i ask about under drive pullies. they tell ne no. i ask about throttle bodies they tell me no . i ask about cams they tell me inless i get different heads yes . i ask about injectors they tell me no. if any one can help please let me know . thank you .
you ask, you ask, you ask, you ask and you ask. Man, you got every bit of two posts, both saying the same thing whining about no help. When have you asked anybody anything? PM's? Different screen name? Using telepathic telemetry? Let's get it moving here, noob. Get that damn thing up to 300-325+HP off the sauce, hit the button and HOOOOYAAAAAAAH!

What's your budget, lil feller? That's the first symptom of the illness that you need to tell us so the prescription will be appropriate. You know what they say -- Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice.
SO....

Whaddaya wanna spend? More importantly, what CAN you spend? C'mon, spit it out, you lil booger you. We're here to help. We want you to kick the shizznig outta that neon who's bullying everybody at the track. Otherwise, [IMG]local://upfiles/12131/D4886A1F79CD439C8187AD5AB8573CA0.jpg[/IMG]

If you actually read his post, you would realize he was talking about "here" as in where he lives, not here as in MF. Nice way to welcome him to the forums...
Old 05-01-2006, 06:03 PM
alexr
★★★★★

youre all n00bs in my book[8D]
Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

do a search in the 4.6 section. im sure you will find a lot of info on how to make that thing fast as hell. and if you cant find anything make a new post in the 4.6 section and they will tell you what you need.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I dunno. The guys I know who build motors all say there is no way to make a 2 valve FAST without boost. You can make some power and you can make it quick but it's expensive as hell and you're still not FAST.

I know Code3 has a mean *** n/a 2 valve but he's got a TON of dough and time in that beast.

From my own personal experience, you can get cams, P&P the heads, whatever you want.....you're still going to get eaten by an LS1 with a cam and exhaust and you won't even come close to touching that 11 second SRT-4.

Jav says he doesn't want spray or forced induction, so the question is "what do you want to do with the car?"

I have witnessed more than one naturally aspirated 4.6 mustang running in the low 12s/high 11s but it's not from horsepower. It's all in the suspension set up and weight reduction.........with REALLY good drivers.......and slicks.

Honestly, unless you want to go with a total build up or a crate motor, I would just bolt a supercharger on there or spray it. Anything else is not going to get you where I think you want to be.

Sorry if I offended anyone but if you are working on these things and want to actually be fast then you already know what I am talking about. I know lots of guys think that 13s are fast but unfortunately it's not fast enough when the competition is in the 11s.

Bolt on a nice Saleen or KB unit and some real drag suspension and you shall be there.

Search this Thread