General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Window/Radio/Wipers

Old 04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
hd07307

Default Window/Radio/Wipers

I bought a 98 sixer some months ago. First thing I noticed was that the power windows wouldn't work at times. It happened when I tried rolling up the driver's side window. Halfway through the window would stop and they wouldn't work for a while. It was obviously electrical, a shortage of sorts because the lighting inside the cabin would fade then go back to normal. That has been going on since I bought it. It wasn't much of a biggie and other things needed to be fixed prior so, I left it. My car was parked for two days because I was using my BMW. I got in it this morning and the radio wasn't working. I didn't pay much attention to it since I was in a hurry. Later on that day I went to clean my windowshield but noticed my wipers weren't working either. Now that's a problem. I checked all the fuses and they are all in tact. Nothing has been altered in the car since then. My radio and wipers had always worked fine. Any idea as to what or where the problem could be originating from?

Thanks,

Humberto
Old 04-29-2006, 10:19 PM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Window/Radio/Wipers

did you do a voltage check on all of the fuses? literally take a volt meter or light tester to each side of every fuse, there are plenty of times where a fuse actually looks good when it really isnt. go from there and get back to me. that is the simplist trouble shooting right now then you get more in depth making sure not leave anything out of the picture.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:44 AM
hd07307

Default RE: Window/Radio/Wipers

Okay, here's for an update. I haven't gotten around to doing a voltage check yet because...I don't have a voltage meter. Sad for me. But anyway. I'm not getting any power to my cabin, excluding my power mirrors and locks and the lights.

Things that work: Power Mirrors, Locks, Lights

Things that don't work: Cig lighter, power windows, cruise control, radio, cd player, wipers

Search this Thread