General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

which is better??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Greg00GT
1st Gear Member

Default which is better??

just 2 questions
1 I want to lower my 00GT less than 2 inches. I was told that more than 2"will give me steering geometry problems. So what do you think is Better: Eibach Prokit or Steeda Sports I think Steeda are a little cheaper but I want also the best quality..
2 Do you feel a difference in handling when you install lowering springs??
Thanks for your help!!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:08 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: which is better??

ORIGINAL: Greg00GT

just 2 questions
1 I want to lower my 00GT less than 2 inches. I was told that more than 2"will give me steering geometry problems. So what do you think is Better: Eibach Prokit or Steeda Sports I think Steeda are a little cheaper but I want also the best quality..
2 Do you feel a difference in handling when you install lowering springs??
Thanks for your help!!
Steeda (IMO)
Yes obviously LOL
Old 03-30-2004, 03:34 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

you can lower your car 2 inches.. i did that with eibach sportline springs, get Caster/camber plates for correct alignment and get polyurethane offset steering rack bushings... 24 bucks .... that corrects the steering geometry on lowered vehicles
Old 03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
joeblow5_0

Greg,

You are correct in that lowering the car too much will affect the ride negatively. You will be placing the suspension out of its designed operational range.

If you want a better selection/quality of spring rates, use H&R springs. They have rates from stock to race. If you go with higher rate springs (better handling, but some comfort sacrifice), you must get appropriate shocks/struts to match. If not, the springs will overpower the shocks and the ride will suck.

For improved handling... In addition to better springs & shocks, get caster-camber plates, solid rack bushings (not offset), urethane bushings (sway bar, end links, control arms), and chassis bracing. Check with a good suspension comapny like www.maximummotorsports.com or www.griggsracing.com for suggestions on how to improve your handling. These two companies have the best quality products and service.

Sorry to ramble on[sm=smiley36.gif], I just like to discuss the overall picture for handling. If you go, go BIG, or go home. [8D]

Joe
Old 03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Greg00GT
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your advise I will check these webpages, I am in a budget right now and I can not spend a lot of money.. that is why I was looking at steeda's G-track stage 1 this kit includes 4 springs, a strut tower brace and C/C plates.. what do you think about this set up.. I dont plan on racing my car I just wanted to improve the handling in twisty roads..

[IMG]local://upfiles/5990/If107337933.jpg[/IMG]