General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Racing stripe problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

Default Racing stripe problem!

Just bought my dream car; 2006 Mustang w/ pony package. I got them to add black racing stripes and I thought the dealership would put them on. Turns out that they used an outside custom shop to do the stripes. I got the car back and it looked like CRAP! The edges were coming up, there were bubbles, and some of the lines weren't even straight. Obviously I took my car back to the dealership and they agreed it looked bad. They had the custom shop guy come over and go over the problems w/ me. That was yesterday. The dealership just called me and said my car is back and still looks bad. They said the stripes look ok but there are particles under the tape which look like bubbles. They said they called the custom shop and were told they did not have a "dust free" room and could not and would not guarantee that there would be no particles. Anyway, long story short I either can take the car as is and get my $$ back or they can try once again to fix it. I am freakin!! I haven't seen how bad the car looks yet but even if I take the $$ I don't want a brand new car that looks like crap. Any suggestions/comments??!!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:17 PM
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Racing stripe problem!

Have the badly done stripes removed & get your money back. You can always go to a good paint & body shop to have stripes "professionally" applied or painted on.......
Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

that sux!

you would think ford could find a shop in the area that didnt suck monkey *****
Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

Yea I know!! [:@]
I picked it up last night and got my $$ back. It looks ok except 2 things: the stripes on the hood are the same length (one is longer than the other) and there are bubbles on the back stripes around the center 3rd taillight.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you got a sweet car, congrats! And..

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 AM
shawnneefl

I'd take the stripes off!!!! dont let it F%%k up your paint man.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

Lame company. I hope they switch. Find yourself a reputable company and you will be happy. Having a dust free environment is nothing but a lame excuse. I had a guy do mine, and he was horrible. I researched a bit on the computer, ripped his off and did them myself. Turned out perfect. Ten times better than this little business! I now do my own!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: anthonydalrymple

Have the badly done stripes removed & get your money back. You can always go to a good paint & body shop to have stripes "professionally" applied or painted on.......
+1
Old 05-22-2006, 07:29 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

quote:

ORIGINAL: anthonydalrymple

+1
yeah.. if the stripes suck then make sure you take them off..you don’t want the sun to bake them on like that… Go to a reputable company and have them take the old ones off and put new ones on the right way..
Old 05-23-2006, 03:09 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

1200 is reasonable for painted on stripes and the the car cleared so there is no paint edge

Quick Reply: Racing stripe problem!