General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

flame on

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 02:55 AM
bigbadracer808
1st Gear Member

Default flame on

i just tried to install a flamethrower kit on my stang. i've got a '96 GT with an o/r xpipe and straight through mufflers. i spent all day trying to get it to work. do i have to run a high octane gas, increase compression, bigger injectors, etc.?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:50 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: flame on

try reading the instructions that came with the kit! I assume you didn't or you wouldn't be here asking questions, right?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:48 AM
bigbadracer808
1st Gear Member

hey. try to get your head out of your ___. actually, you're right. i didn't read it. i just looked at the pretty pictures and duct taped everything together. what was i thinking. i wasn't asking for sarcasm a__hole. while i'm at it, i should go out and buy a civic.

now...if there's anyone who could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

any gas +a spark = boom....can you control cylinders to stop firing and dump gas correctly?....do you have a spark in the exhaust/flamethrower section....
Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

Dude, calm down, a lot of people don't read the instructions. Even if you did go back through and make sure everything's in right. You shouldn't need anything else like that. What did you have to install for the kit?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:26 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

Have a little more respect for your elders guy!

Round man gave a legitimate answer not everyone is smart enough to read the directions and instead want or need to be told a 100 times how to do what the instructions easily and simply say with "COLORFUL LITTLE PICTURES" added for ease of installation.

Now why i ask do you even want this garbage on your car man?

Do you know what it does?Or what damage can occur with this?

You essentially wash the cylinders down with fuel (WASHING THE OIL AWAY) and then fire it in the exhaust pipes.Sure it looks cool but hardly worth the damage than can and does occur.

But be a little nicer in the future and people will be more likely to help you.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:11 AM
bigbadracer808
1st Gear Member

yo killer. sorry man. all i asked for was some help. for something like this, i'd obviously read the instructions. i mean...who wouldn't read instructions for something like this? anyway, i just thought that another stang enthusiast would have some knowledge regarding a flamethrower kit. i wouldn't ask unless i thought someone would help. finally, can anyone else confirm what killer is saying? are the effects of installing a flamethrower kit be that detrimental to my engine?
Old 04-27-2004, 03:14 AM
bigbadracer808
1st Gear Member

anyway. here's the kit that i bought. http://www.gotflames.net/hypercart/p...?Sku=Flame+Kit
Old 04-27-2004, 04:33 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

When you see cars shooting flames out the pipes in movies etc, normally this is achived by a seperate fuel/spark system.

If this system you bought (and it seems it does) shuts off cylenders and sprays the fuel into your exaust, not only is it damaging to your engine, its plain stupid. What you have created is a massive bomb underneath your car (What is a bomb, but fuel, air, heat, and compression?)

Not to mention all the excess fuel that is still proabably in your cylenders after the switch is turned off. This seems like a bad idea in every since of the word.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:56 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

Unless this is an all out show car or something I wouldn't do it. It's cool but can't be good for your car in the long run.

Quick Reply: flame on