General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95' GT Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
chrishouse4

Default 95' GT Problems

Hey there everybody. Just bought a 95 GT yesterday after looking for a good 6 months. The price was fairly cheap on it so I figured it wouldn't be perfect...and its not. The owner had put a set of headers, an x-pipe, and Flowmasters on it along with a cold air intake. He said every once in a while it would just shut off when you came to a stop. Another thing is the tach. It dosen't seem to want to work right. It won't hardly work at all when your just revving it up. I took it down the road (about a 30 mile drive) and back to my house and the check engine light came on and the tach started to work fine. I shut it off and started it back up and the check light was off and the tach didn't want to work again. Does anybody know of any solutions to either of these problems? Thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: 95' GT Problems

ORIGINAL: chrishouse4

Hey there everybody. Just bought a 95 GT yesterday after looking for a good 6 months. The price was fairly cheap on it so I figured it wouldn't be perfect...and its not. The owner had put a set of headers, an x-pipe, and Flowmasters on it along with a cold air intake. He said every once in a while it would just shut off when you came to a stop. Another thing is the tach. It dosen't seem to want to work right. It won't hardly work at all when your just revving it up. I took it down the road (about a 30 mile drive) and back to my house and the check engine light came on and the tach started to work fine. I shut it off and started it back up and the check light was off and the tach didn't want to work again. Does anybody know of any solutions to either of these problems? Thanks!
X-pipe - catted or not? Are the O2 sensors still there? If not you need MIL eliminators (Basically fool the ECU into thinking the 02 sensors are there.

Cold Air intake - the light is probably coming on because it's getting an intermittent signal from the MAF and/or O2 sensors. Again, check your harnesses and make sure everythign is there that should be.

As for the Tach....not a clue. Speedo work ok?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 AM
chrishouse4

Default RE: 95' GT Problems

Yeah, he told me he just put high flow cats on it 2 weeks before I bought it to get it to pass emissions and I haven't looked to see if the O2's are there. Also, the speedo works fine. But another thing about the tach... You can start it up and rev it to about 3500-4000 rpm's and the tach go from 1 to 6 in a split second and drop back down to 1.