General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

monster tach installion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 01:26 AM
SonicBlue03GT

Default monster tach installion

i just got my mustang last friday and i bought a monster tach for it. i have never installed a tach before. can anyone out there give me some advice on how to do it. theres on for wires so it cant be that hard. help would be great.
thanks
jake
Old 07-10-2004, 02:39 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: monster tach installion

Let me get this right...... You can't just use the one in your dash. Unless there's something wrong w/ it, it doesn't sound like your to the point (just got the stang) where your need a deadly accurate tach.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:45 AM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

It won't be hard to install. Just be patient, and you'll be alright.
Figure out where you want to mount the tach, and if you have to drill holes, check behind where the holes are to make sure you don't hit anything when the drill goes through.
As far as where the wires go, follow the directions that come with the tach. You know, that piece a paper most people throw away? [&:] Yeah, that one. That tells you where the wires go. Generally black is ground, red is for power, yellow(?) is power for the lights in the tach, and green goes out to the coil (or other pick-up point-Again, check the directions!!!)
Old 07-10-2004, 03:30 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

99-04 stangs need a converter to wire in a tach, you can get them from dallas mustang. You need it or the tach will never work.

Please don't be a ricer and hook up everything but the tach itself that's gay.

Oh and why the monster tach? You could almost get an offroad x-pipe for that price, which actually adds power!
Old 07-10-2004, 03:47 AM
SonicBlue03GT

gee thanks for all the help and wise cracks. to adress the first wise crack on why i need the tach let me ask you a question. why do you need a magnaflow exhaust? was your factory one broke? and about the x pipe i already ordered that too. along with exhaust and pulleys and cold air intake and a throttle body.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:18 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

why does he need a magnaflow exhaust??? do you know anything about cars at all? obviously his exhaust wasnt broken but it sure didnt put out the horsepower that the magnaflow exhaust does
Old 07-10-2004, 04:26 AM
619socalstang
3rd Gear Member

why you guys always gottta F#CK with the new guy. RED= POWER BLACK= GROUND GREEN= DISTRIB. WHITE=SWITCH FOR THE LIGHT. TACH will not work with out power. GOOD LUCK.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:10 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

because its fun(although i dont do it very much). werent you ever picked on ?? haha if not, maybe its time.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:55 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

SOCAL, so your wrong and every new guy gets messed with, I am sure you did, I did, and others did to. Part of the iniation into the group.

But when it is basically someones first post and it is about a monster tach. On basically an anti-rice board your are asking for it.

He needs this:
http://www.dallasmustang.com/index.m...4243b49&p=9594

to get the tach to work.

I may poke fun at someone, but I will at the very least I give a response to the question that was asked.

The way you stated works for older style ignitions, not for the New Edge mustangs.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:10 PM
SonicBlue03GT

so the new guy always gets picked on huh. THANK GOD. lol. i thought you guys was just abunch of jerks. i can handle the abuse if its all in fun. lol.

Quick Reply: monster tach installion