General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

How much more hp?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Alero99
3rd Gear Member

Default How much more hp?

Any one stop to think how much more HP will increase on these cars? cars are being made more and more powerful... Domestics have broken into the 500hp range... some exotics like the carrera GT i beleive have broken into the 600hp mark. in just 7 years the stangs have seen a jump of 40 hp. The new camaro is gonna come out with at least 400 hp... challanger is gonna come with 425hp. Even import performance cars are peaking into the 300 range. the new STI is 300 new EVO is getting near that 300 mark. The Supra concept is over 300 hp, same with skyline. After these generations of cars are milked for all their worth and the next generation comes out in lets say another decade how much higher is stock horsepower going to keep going up? won't companies eventually hit the most engines can handle?

been racking my brain out on this one like where do we go in another 20 years? think the hp wars will die down again because one performance car reigned supreme over the others? any one got predictions?
Old 10-29-2006, 03:47 PM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How much more hp?

In the future, every car will be a mustang... it will be the only car that survived the HP wars of the 21st century (stolen from some movie)...

I have seen a concept Cadillac with 1000 HP... It most definitely won't make it to the street... bummer... I think that insurance companies and the depletion of fossil fuels will put a reign on the companies. Even so, I think that there will always be sports cars with great power, even if the power is produced by hydrogen or electric motors.

Search this Thread