General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help with check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:29 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

Default help with check engine light

i have 3 cel codes here, they were on since the car has been running after the swap

#1 p1151 says lack of h02s21 swt lean (i am pretty sure this is just o2 sensor and will replace it this weekend)

this next code is whats throwing me off

#2 p0443 evap ctrl cir error
i have no clue why this is coming up, i was thinking about getting all the evap stuff turned off, do you think thats an option? would it affect my fuel milage dramatically?

#3 p0171 sys lean(i am guessing this is becuse of o2?) could even be the 80 mm maf

ANYIDEAS ON #2
Old 11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help with check engine light

You are lean because you stuck a new MAF in and didnt recalibrated your MAF transfer table. (Im assuming)

That is why you are getting all these 3 codes. It is possible that O2 is good, otherwise how else would it know you are lean. Evaparative system is related to you being lean.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:37 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shifterdelux

You are lean because you stuck a new MAF in and didnt recalibrated your MAF transfer table. (Im assuming)

That is why you are getting all these 3 codes. It is possible that O2 is good, otherwise how else would it know you are lean. Evaparative system is related to you being lean.
dude get a brain, the maf is not going to make no signal from the o2 sensor, yes it will make it run lean but , code 1 and 2 were on since the swap, 2 months, maf went on this weekend

Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Hey, you didnt mention codes before and after MAF went on.

Now, I deal with aftermarket engine controllers on a daily, we install them, we race them, we even build them our selves. I gave you a solid answer the way you described it. I dont know where you from, but where I from we dont get rude, especially with people that are trying to help you out. Etiquette and protocol are not optional, and just because your mother failed you as child, is no reason why I and other members of this site should suffer to your ignorance.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

you may have misconnected some of the evap hoses durin the swap, also make sure the solinoid is workin right too...doublecheck everything
Old 11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shifterdelux

Hey, you didnt mention codes before and after MAF went on.

Now, I deal with aftermarket engine controllers on a daily, we install them, we race them, we even build them our selves. I gave you a solid answer the way you described it. I dont know where you from, but where I from we dont get rude, especially with people that are trying to help you out. Etiquette and protocol are not optional, and just because your mother failed you as child, is no reason why I and other members of this site should suffer to your ignorance.
well atleast i dont go around talking a buch of smack and then going and deleting or editing the posts, seriosuly if you know anything about cars you should know the maf sensor yes can cause a car to run rich or lean but it cannot cause an o2 sensor to act like it is unplugged, i am sorry if i have little patience for people that give advice that does not make sense

and for aftermarket engine controllers, i am curious as to what you build? install and race(with your expired license)

my main question was regarding the #2 code like i said see below

i have 3 cel codes here, they were on since the car has been running after the swap

#1 p1151 says lack of h02s21 swt lean (i am pretty sure this is just o2 sensor and will replace it this weekend)

this next code is whats throwing me off

#2 p0443 evap ctrl cir error
i have no clue why this is coming up, i was thinking about getting all the evap stuff turned off, do you think thats an option? would it affect my fuel milage dramatically?

#3 p0171 sys lean(i am guessing this is becuse of o2?) could even be the 80 mm maf

**********ANYIDEAS ON #2*******

i guess i was not clear on my question
Old 11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

ya i am gonna try to test the solonoid this weekend, also i will check the connector and the hose connections

thanks