General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is this a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:24 AM
roush97

Default Is this a good price?

I got to drive the gt today. I talked to the neighbor guy that did all the work on it too. It has 150k on it, completly stock. New clutch on A/C compressor, new stock MAF, new brakes, new radiator fan, airfilter, A/C just charged (slight leak in line right on top, easy to replace and recharge), New power steering pump seal, new wires, plugs and dist. cap. Ran the diagnostsic code withno trouble, and passed emmisions. Interior looks brand new, has power everything. drives excellent. No oil leaks. Paint is a little faded, but we applied a little wax and it shined right up. No door dings, one quarter size chip under the airscoop below the driver door. The owner is in the process of moving and had to give up the car since his company is buying him a new one. The guy selling is the guy who put everything new on it. He's a goodneighbor and I know he does great work. $3500 is the asking price, but the owner told the seller(my neighbor)to have it detailed. I offered to my neighbor, $3300. He said he'd call and I said if he wouldn't take it, I could detail it on my own.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Stang_GT 96

Default Is this a good price?

First off what year? and why did he just replace all those part something he covering up/ something wrong. I'd run a compression test for consistancy if the numbers are low like just over 100 then thats alright cuz i'm expecting it's a little old. Consisitancy in the numbers is what you want, it's the best test for used cars in my opinion. 3300 seems pretty good for new like interior. I'd do it, but 150k is a lot of miles, but engine is easy to work on.