General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mach1 Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:19 AM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

Default Mach1 Performance

Hey I have a few questions. Im farely knew into this so i need other peoples opinions.

Im driving a manual 2004 mach 1. Steeda TriAx Short-Throw, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat-Back exhuast, Steeda underdrive pullies.

Im looking to take another step, Im thinking about the Eibach Pro Kit. I was wondering if anyone has it, and what i can get out of it. and if its worth it.
Option two is im thinking about a supercharger, but my friend said that the mach 1 is built for a s/c and i wont be able to get a good boost out of it. So i was wondering if anyone tired it on thiers, what can i expect or what should i go for.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:47 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Mach1 Performance

DUDE!!! Tell your friend to shut the hell up for me! You can boost that puppy and blow away most street cars in the U.S. There is nothing like a blown 4V. If you do decide to blow it you will need a better suspension simply to keep traction. You will be pulling a bit over 450hp... probably closer to 500hp with a good tune and a set of long tube headers. Eibach is probably the best suspension setup on the market right now. Go for it.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 AM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

Alright nice. I already had the eibach planned. But what s/c you like? And headers?

For tires I like Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials of steeda's website. But im going to wait to order thoose. Because my buddy is offering me his stock svt cobra rims, b/c he is getting the steeda ulta lights.

My friend who told me that i couldnt s/c the car was my friend with the c5 vet. Im guessing he is beign a dick and trying to hold me back because he doesnt want my mustang to run circles around him.

I like the vortech s/c but 3 grand is something i dont have. I guess ill have to start saving up my lunch money haha.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Sweet car....

But why get SVT rims when you have MAch1 rims???? They look even better and complete the Mach.

Sell the SVT's and your rims and get chrome Machs....mmmm...

He probably said that b.c Mach's have a higher compression ratio than cobras, which makes themm less-boost happy, but you can still run crazy boost on there, just not in the 15 psi area. And why would you do that anyways?

I have no experience w/ eibach, but since you're going to make a lot of hp, I suggest steeda drag springs.

Also, a vortech (new anyways) is going to run you a lot more than $3k including install, tune, and misc. parts.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:48 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

what they said... (am I spamming?)
Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

You can get the whole Vortech kit for about $4500 installed. It all depends on what you're looking for though. Roots style blowers are a lot more fun because they are instant boost but the downside is that its a little harder on the engine. Centrifigul are more for top end racing like for the 1/4 mile. Its easier on the engine because it builds boost through out the powerband. I personally would go with a self contained Kenne Bell TwinScrew. This way you dont have to tap the oil pan for lube. The Kenne Bell roots will run about $5500 installed but its an awsome kit. THE BLOWZILLA!!! LOL

Even though you are running higher compression you can still run 10 to 12 psi on the stock Mach1 motor. Thats enough to be unning circles around Z06's! With the current vette having 400 stock HP and the Z06 supposely having 500 stock hp it would be a good idea to blow the hell out of it to keep up with the competition.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 AM
sp3nis
I ♥ Acer

yeah i figured that. The car is only 2 months old im still paying it off, next year it will be mine. I wont have that crazy kind of money for a s/c now. I planned on it way after the winter anyway. But i want to know my options and what to avoid and so forth. I already spend alot of money into the car already as it is.

The svt rims are wider, so i figured it was better then nothing, but you are true about ruining the mach1 look.

So what you think 10-11 psi? and which line of the vortech at least i dont need the big bad one since i wont be running super high boost.

the vet's a piece of poo. its a automatic 97c5 , with borla pipes and NX 125 shot? i think im not sure maybe 100. but anyway he bought the car to turn it into a show car, a nasty sterio system is int he middle of construction now.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:53 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

what they said... (am I spamming?)

POST *****!!! LOL
Old 09-28-2004, 02:38 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Don't sell the MACH wheels. You can fit 275/40/17 Nitto DR's on your Mach wheels. You have alot of choices on superchargers, just figure out what kind of power you want and how much money you want to spend. If you look around, you can find good deals. A friend of mine just got an 8lb Powerdyne kit for $1200.00. Now that kind of price is not typical, just look around.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:40 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

We have a Vortech on my wife's Stang and just LOVE the power. It will spank most roots style blowers and the powerband is awesome.

Quick Reply: Mach1 Performance