General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 07:34 PM
EvilKenevil
2nd Gear Member

Default YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason i got a sixer was because A friend was selling it really cheap (4000) and i have alwys loved mustangs so i just took that opritunity. As soon as i get enough money saved up i would like to get a 95 5.0 but around where i live resale on mustangs is kinda high.</P>

P.S. your only 15 still right jug.</P>
Old 07-26-2003, 08:35 PM
roush97

Hey, you gotta start somewhere. When I started driving I had a '924 cylinder Ranger, then I moved up to a '96 with the same engine. Now I got a '00 4.0 v6 and just got me a 91 5.0 GT. I got full coverage on the ranger, but I figure parts are higher and as of now it's worth more than the stang. for the stang, liability cost me $230 for 6 months. the ranger is about $675 for 6 months with full coverage. I'm 23 but they told me it goes down when I turn 25, so I got two more high payments, then If not crashed yet, I'll probably put the stang on full coverage too.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

yessir, 15 indeed.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Zcpeanut
2nd Gear Member

lol you know why im getting a sixer?b/c no one gives them enough respect. im gonna s/c it and get all the goodies, my list is about 9 items long right now (well at least major parts) and its growing from that... its gonna be a hell of a sleeper, b/c no one expects s**t from a v-6.. and ill be smoking all u guys on insurance and gas mpgso ill have even more cash to spend on it.. im hoping 13's, ive seen sixers run 13's so thats what im shooting for, no insurance fraud either.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

thats gonna take a hefty wallet to achieve that one, but hey, if u can afford that its cool. but as i see it, i wouldnt get all that for just a street car. sure, going to the track and chillin with the boys, takin em down without them expecting it is probably cool, but i think that's not the approach i'd go at it. lightly modded V-8 is cool, yeah the insurance, but it will be more reliable cause of less mods, and later when you're older you can get a supercharger and stuff. just seems smarter to me, but that's why they make tons of different cars and models, cause not everyone thinks the same. hell, i'd probably just not get a stang at all and go find a t-type regal or a grand national if i wanted a v-6
Old 07-27-2003, 01:33 AM
SixStringThing

I have a v6 and I love it. A v8 is nice but I don't race so I see no reason to have one. I like Mustangs which is why I have one but I can drive fast in the streets in anything (hell my friend has an old automatic geo metro and he has no problem going fast)
Old 07-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Zcpeanut
2nd Gear Member

ya but i stick with stangs.. just because regals and GNs r v6 doesnt mean the insurance is different than a Gt, cause its still pretty expensive on a GN, hefty wallet? have u seen the differences in prices on s/c's for a v6 vs a v8?, okay the price diff is 3000$ in most alot of cases on the newer stangs, i found a new vortech for a v6 for 1650, that leaves 1300 (FULL exhaust + uh tri ax for the hell of it) to go with, its not gonna take that much out of me wallet that a GT would and it still gets better mpg and insurance rates, not saying that i dont want an 8 cyl, s**t i do, i just cant afford it, so im finding ways around it. i also kno that a v6 can never run w/ a v8 if theyve put the same amount of money into it but still....
Old 07-27-2003, 03:30 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

Originally Posted by Zcpeanut
lol you know why im getting a sixer? b/c no one gives them enough respect. im gonna s/c it and get all the goodies, my list is about 9 items long right now (well at least major parts) and its growing from that... its gonna be a hell of a sleeper, b/c no one expects s**t from a v-6.. and ill be smoking all u guys on insurance and gas mpg so ill have even more cash to spend on it.. im hoping 13's, ive seen sixers run 13's so thats what im shooting for, no insurance fraud either.
Try it in a Saturn...now THAT'S a sleeper (yes, there have been 12 second street saturns before).
Old 07-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Originally Posted by Zcpeanut
ya but i stick with stangs.. just because regals and GNs r v6 doesnt mean the insurance is different than a Gt, cause its still pretty expensive on a GN
</P>

try 1500 less than a 96 gt for 6 months, but still a grand total of 2000</P>
Old 07-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Zcpeanut
2nd Gear Member

ya jeep lol i kno the whole saturn vibe. lol thats a sleeper heh, and jugador im only gonna 17 and gonna be paying 1300 for 6months on full coverage., so thats still alot less than a gn, and no way a gt would be 7000$ a year.