General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How Much would $$$ would you say

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default How Much would $$$ would you say

how much would a completely stock '85 302 cost? I'm trying to find one with around 80-100K miles on it. I dont want to mod it insanely... (GT40 heads, 650 CFM Holley, Edelbrock intake and a set of BBK shorties...) if I were to find one in the 80-100K mile range, would a rebuild be necessary with the above mods, or would rebuilding just be a good idea? also, with that kind of mileage do I need to have the cylinders rehoned or the block's deck surfaces remachined? I want some cheap V8 fun in my '86 LX. dont wanna step into fuel injection. (car currently has a running v6 in it, I bought it because it is red on red and is a t-top car.)

are Iron GT40 heads any different from Aluminum ones, aside from the type of metal and weight?

trying to have some cheap fun, as college is very expensive
Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 PM
93whitelx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How Much would $$$ would you say

i would try and find a 4 banger if your just goin to rebuild it , it be cheaper, find a block have it magnafluxed and then get the motor work done deck the block ,to make sure its stright befor you bore/hone , www.northernautoparts.com i just got my rubuild kit from there there not bad $$ prices, even with upgrades , and theres not much different from the gt40 iron heads and alu. ones , just weight , so find a 4 cyl or 6 cyl and find a block and trany , cheapest way to go ,$ 500 to 600 for a dec one , and i am goin to school myself