General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1993 Suspension Needs help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 10:07 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default 1993 Suspension Needs help

ok well my 1993 mustang lx 4 banger has a problem with the back suspension...when i am going fast enough i can hit bottom on bumps in the road...also whn i come out of my driveway i hit if i don't go on a really big angle...i wanted to knw what this may be because of..i think its because fo the back shocks...also i wanted to know what could i get to make the susepsion a little more tight and make the acr not seem to roll so much...would an anti-sway bar front and rear or something like that would help...i and trying to make this a nice car so i can sell it and buy a 94 and up..found a v6 1995 5 speed...i want it so bad...i mean they just are a totally different look compared to the older mustangs....well thanks for the info
Old 10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 1993 Suspension Needs help

new springs
Old 10-28-2004, 11:49 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

springs not shocks...or struts or anything
Old 10-28-2004, 11:50 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

struts/shocks dont affect your ride height, isnt that what your problem is? If your bottoming out and your ride height is fine then you can look towards your shocks
Old 10-30-2004, 01:37 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

ok so i should get springs and replace them...i mean my ride hight is bad inthe back because i drive down the highway everyday and i can pinpoint every place that i hit...i mean its a frigen joke now....i just want it to be really nice and everything and acually be able to pull out of my driveway without having to hear that noise...so new springs and everything...and if its that then should i get these things that hold the springs so i can take them out or what...my dad will buy them he just has money and wants to buy tools for cars..he loves them
Old 10-30-2004, 04:18 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well the problem is that my car seems to be able to just go down to far when someone is in it...and when i push it down i mean i can make it go down pretty far...so i guess it would be srpings...also what could i do to make it so my car does roll so much or i mean seem to just move so much when i go througha corner....like a anti-sway bar front and rear or what...thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 07:35 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

do you think it would be a good buy if i got brand new KYB Gas Shocks front and back for my car for 120 dollars...front are 88 and back are 33 i think...some thing like
Old 10-31-2004, 07:36 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

also i want to get springs for my car but i want some nice springs that are a little stiffer than the stock ones but aren't really going to lower my car that much..i mean 1 - 1.5 inches i could deal with...wouold drag springs be good for my car
Old 11-01-2004, 12:04 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well i found out why my car was hitting bottom so much...the cat converter is in the middle and its right were ifyou go ver a bump or something it ould hit....so i'm going to take that out some time and just put a pipe in there and see if that helps...i'm still going to replace the sturts and springs and your opinion and thoughts on it would be welcome
Old 11-04-2004, 08:34 PM
fastmustangs1
2nd Gear Member

What do you have as far as suspension goes. Start off by replacing the springs and shocks. Go with H&R springs and a Bilstein shock, then move on to
lower control arms Maximum Motorsports makes the best arms. Also I would have installed a full-length subframe connector from MM. Then if you want start replacing
the stock rubber bushings to a polyurethane through out. Done the road a good quality set of performance tires will work great for handling. Start off slow and test
as you go.

Matt

Quick Reply: 1993 Suspension Needs help