General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lord help me

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Elemenopee

Default Lord help me

I did not know where to post this post so it ended up here.

I currently have an 01 3.8L. I am going to Naval Academy after this year and you can not have a car for the first three years. I am really stumped right now. I planned on modding it and storing it until I am able to drive it the academy. Then I started thinking, well, I should just put my new wheels and tires on like I planned, and then sell it and get something after I graduate the academy. Now, after reading a bunch of 5.0 mags and MMFF more, I want to get an older 5.0. I am so confused about what to do that it is driving me nuts. Any input at all will be so awesome. Thanks!

One more thing, at the academy you get paid every month you are there. By the time I graduate I will have saved anywhere from $25,000 to $30,000. Buying a newer car will also be an option.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:23 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lord help me

87-92 GT
Old 10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

damn well i don't know what to do for you..keep your car and then modding it might be a good idea....you could buy an older car with a 5.0 in it and mod it..its up to you...i presonaly like the newer mustang buts i own an older one..there nice cars though i must say...so basicly you have to decided if you like the car you have more or less than an older mustang with a 5.0....then you can think of which to mod...i wouldn't buy a new car buy a used one if anything...well good luck
Old 10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

If you look for a fox body, try to find an 89-92
Old 10-31-2004, 07:48 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Isaac

If you look for a fox body, try to find an 89-92
Old 10-31-2004, 07:55 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Take it from a guy who recently bough an '03. Buy an '87-93 5.0. They are so cool. I am very happy with my car, but I did not realize I'd turn into such a...a..."want more HP" type person. It's really weird, but anyway, the 5.0s are the way to go IMO. You can get really nice ones that are basically rebuilt or have lowish mileage for decent prices.

The only way I'd advise against that is if you simply want a nice daily driver. In that case, stick with what you got or buy a new model.

Take care,
Ceyko
Old 10-31-2004, 09:46 PM
eptx79925

The Naval Academy!! If I were going to the Naval Academy or had the chance to go the last thing I would be worried is a car. It is the Naval Academy.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Bah! Army is the way to go.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:34 AM
98Stang351w

Well if you store it for that long your going to have problems with the starting and the gas when it comes time and all kinds I suggest selling it save some money and get a 5.0 or a 05+ when you get out but you really can not store a car that long you can let your sister mom or dad or brother drive it and take care of it if you trust them enough cus you will need someone to start that thing and ect put an optima in it and it can store for awhile but then again the gas and all that will get bad.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:24 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

if you don't need a car at all for the next 3 years, I would sell it now and save like you said and then buy one later. this way you save on not paying insurance or property tax and license fees on it while it sits. personally, I like the older Fox models with the 5.0 engine, but if you wait three years, you might want to look into an '50 or '06 just slightly used. the new design is really bitchin' if you ask me and the power output is also much better now.

Quick Reply: Lord help me