General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Intake/Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

Default Intake/Exaust

I am not an experienced mechanic...actually I'm not very mechanically knowledgeable. I have been reading quite a lot so hopefully your coments will help me make the right choice. Purchased a 06' GT and for my first mods I was thinking about this. Installing magnaflow magnapack catback exhaust and a C&L air intake with the SCT X-Cal 2 (kind of pricey). Any comments would be appreciated. Also is the Sct X-Cal 2 easy enough for a beginner to install or should I find someone with experiance?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Razorsedgepit06
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Intake/Exaust

That sounds like a good plan for starters. You'll be able to install it all yourself too to save money. should pick up a noticable amount of hp though.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone have flowmaster axle back bolt ons? If so, how do you like hem?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
DesertMach
2nd Gear Member

Installing a catback is pretty straight forward, anyone with a little mechanical knowedge and thetools can do it.
I installed the Flowmaster catback on my Mach and the hardest part was getting the stock catback off.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
5LitersOfFury
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DesertMach

Installing a catback is pretty straight forward, anyone with a little mechanical knowedge and thetools can do it.
I installed the Flowmaster catback on my Mach and the hardest part was getting the stock catback off.
haha that always seems to be the case! Especially on older cars. But yea as said before, you should be able to do it yourself.