General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a little help please :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 12:33 PM
O2GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Need a little help please :)

Hey guys/gals Im new to the forum.. and kinda new to Mustangs this is the first one I ever owned (Camaro man).. but i have been around them my whole life..(friends who had them) now i have the Bassani catback.. Was wondering which X pipe I should go with .. I know I am going to go with the catted X that's for sure.. but does it make a difference WHO makes it? Sound? HP gains? I would stick with bassani but it's $$ also my sig saus 3.55 gears.. i have 3.27's. I want to get 3.73's what do you suggest? Ford racing or Mustang tuning.. etc.. Just lookin for a few tips.. also thinking about getting 2003 Chrome Cobra rims.. with 255/45/17's are these tires wider than my 245/45/17's? I appreciate the help guys I'm sorry if this may have been posted elsewhere by someone else but i just wanted to know what you guys thought.. some things I cant find in the search engine etc..

[IMG]local://upfiles/11317/C610F234572F46AAB623AC97568C511E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-25-2004, 01:08 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Need a little help please :)

for an x-pipe i would go with a catted bbk x, great quality with a fraction of the price for a bassani one not to mention ive heard bassani cats go bad? as for the gears i would go with FMS for the 3.73's, yes the 255/45/17's are wider that your 245/45/17's the 255 is the width the 45 is the sidewall hieght and the 17 is the rim size
Old 12-25-2004, 01:12 PM
me alot fast than u
I ♥ Acer

well I would go with mac if going catted with the $$ you save can get a pair of polished mufflers....me I would find a set of 3.90 gears
Old 12-25-2004, 01:22 PM
O2GT
2nd Gear Member

Guys thanks a lot.. for the info i'm definitley going to look into the bbk catted x .. i have heard some good things about them.. i guess i would have to get a set of mil eliminators (im assuming)
Old 12-25-2004, 01:41 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

you wouldnt need mil eliminators because your using cats, if you werent then you would need them
Old 12-25-2004, 02:36 PM
O2GT
2nd Gear Member

thanks bro.. now i am understand this a whole lot better..

possibly i may need 02 extenders .. i have to check with them.. but again thanks!

it was funny when i bought the car from the dealership it allready had the x pipe n it.. and the Steeda CAI and Steeda lowering springs .. when i pick up the car they took the x pipe off and put back the stock 6 cat pipe on and took off thwe CAI i was pissed.. im like are you serious? i want these then put them in the trunk.. thats ridicuals.. he says well for the warranty it needs to be stock.. im like ??? but they left the springs on..
Old 12-25-2004, 03:21 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

yea ive heard of dealerships doing that before they get rid of the car
Old 12-26-2004, 03:02 PM
O2GT
2nd Gear Member

yeah its crap .. iw as ready to walk out the door... i mean if i really pressed.. i think they would have given the stuff to me but i mean im buying a car for 19k the least they can do is thjrow that stuff in i would if i was the salesman
Old 12-27-2004, 07:25 PM
O2GT
2nd Gear Member

how about the slp catted x pipe.. ? and my bassani cat back... good combo?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:13 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: O2GT

thanks bro.. now i am understand this a whole lot better..

possibly i may need 02 extenders .. i have to check with them.. but again thanks!

it was funny when i bought the car from the dealership it allready had the x pipe n it.. and the Steeda CAI and Steeda lowering springs .. when i pick up the car they took the x pipe off and put back the stock 6 cat pipe on and took off thwe CAI i was pissed.. im like are you serious? i want these then put them in the trunk.. thats ridicuals.. he says well for the warranty it needs to be stock.. im like ??? but they left the springs on..
He probably had a Mustang himself or was gonna sell the mid pipe. LOL Mine come with the Densecharger and everytime I go to the dealer for work they look at my exhaust and all the other work in amazement! LOL