General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

whyyyy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: whyyyy?

Im with him.
ORIGINAL: Jugador

parents and insurance comp anies dont like kids in V8's, simple as that. parents think you're gonna kill yourself in it, insurance companies think you're a high risk, so even if your parents dont mind, its gonna cost a lot.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:35 AM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

yep insurance for me, im 16, on a v8 would be $320 a month, but i pay $150 a month for a v6, with the saved money i can buy a new bolt on every month or save up... so thats the main reason i got a v6, also is to not be against a v6 when im in a v8 and beat them sayin it was the 2 more cylinders. if i bet a v6, which there are more out there, its purely from my mods, and maybe a little luck in driving. also, its very impressive when somebody mods the hell out of a v6 and can beat a stock or slightly modded v8.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:26 AM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

well that jeep isn't the most safest car as is about seen as the same risk
Exactly!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I'm not impressed by someone spending a ton of money on a V6 or I4 to hang with my near stock GT. I could have found a far better investment

Don't drive like a retard and get tickets, your insurance rates will drop alittle every year after your 3rd year of driving.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:59 AM
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roundman

kids in fast V-8 cars ARE a high risk and the insurance companies have all the statistics to prove it also. I'm still amazed why a parent would buy their first time driver a V-8 Stang or Camaro or other high performance car for their first car, but I see lots of them parked at the local high school everytime I drive by there. I think they should not let first time drivers have a V-8 powered car period until they've had their license for at least 1 year and no traffic tickets or accidents on their record. Way too many young kids just learning to drive are getting killed out on the roads nowadays and parents need to be more responsible about what they let their youngins drive.
lol this is very true even if the car ISNT a V8. I'm 18 and drive a GT, but i drove a 91 subaru legacy from when i was 15 (permit) till i was 17 and a half. No tickets, no accidents, no fender benders, completly clean. But kids in high school are complete idiot drivers, especially in our school parking lot. i take my time to get out of there cuz most kids just dont know how to drive seems like. no matter the engine size. I personally believe i am one of the exceptions due to my spotless record and my driving habits. I dont speed or anything crazy, all in all i'm a safe driver. Though i cant say that for my fellow teens []
Old 12-30-2004, 03:26 AM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

good, point, drive safe and have the ability to drive fast in case you need to. the slower you drive, the longer other people have to look at your car. i sped around town for about a month, then it gets dangerous and you wise up. im 16, but now i drive safer, because last night i got pulled over by a cop for 1) speeding 20 over. 2) spinning tires at stop sign. 3) while spinning tires, crossing over double yellow line. and 4) being out past curfew. i was polite and honest and i got out with a warning. no ticket. i was so lucky. so now, im wising up and saving the speed to avoid accidents or if i go to the strip.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Buzz

I bought a V6 because that's what I wanted. I'm an old codger, so I'm not too interested in smoking the tires all the time. I wanted a mustang convertible, but I drive LOTS of miles, so I wanted something easy on gas. I put the Flowmasters on it because I like the sound. That's it in a nutshell. Not everyone has to drive a V8.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:27 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

and with the $$$ you saved would buy a nice turbo and about 10 years of gas
Old 12-30-2004, 07:51 PM
95stang5.0
3rd Gear Member

i often wander if i should have got a 6 banger. I am almost 16 jan 26!!!!! My insurance is going to be ridiculus and my gas is already ridicioulus. I do have to admit i love the sound of my 8 though.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:01 PM
fast83gt
3rd Gear Member

I think it's fun to make what ever you drive faster. I mod my Harley, I could have got a crotch rocket which would have been allot faster.