General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

WHY....WHY.....WHY

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default WHY....WHY.....WHY

ok well i just wanted to post about my mustang...i hate it...but i love it...its rusted 4 cylinder and well is really rusted...but when ever i am in someone elses car i want to get into my mustang and drive...everytime i go out to take a drive i have so much fun in it...i want to sell it but i don't think i have the heart...its just so much fun and well its really fun...after i fix the body(which should happen soon when the weathers better..i have sheet metal and pop rivets...i'm not a body man but my dad says it can be done...just do it with that stuff and then bondo the car so its smooth and everything...it will look nice) and paint it this summer then it will be so much fun to drive...even better it will be a lot more fun to drive wheni do the turbo coupe engine swap...just though i would show you how much a mustang is fun and addictive and welll now i can't get rid of it...damn it
Old 01-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHY....WHY.....WHY

MUSTANGS RULE
Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Pop rivets...

It'll never look nice unless you do it right.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

Pop rivets...

It'll never look nice unless you do it right.
[sm=forgetit.gif]<=--What he says and what ^ says. Dont use pop rivets.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:44 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

why don't you try finding some body panels for it at the local salvage yard that aren't all eat up with rust and swap the panels instead of trying to do it the wrong way with sheet metal and pop rivets. you could cut patch panels from sheet metal but at least get someone to MIG weld them in for you and then you finish them off with grinding and sanding and a light coat of bondo.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:32 AM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

you really should read your posts before clicking submit. its the button that say PREVIEW.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:07 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

lol well it will work he knows what he is doing...plus the rust is in areas were you can't really use pop panels...if i had a welder i would use that but don't so......if i can find a welder then i would use that...but for right now its pop rivets and bondo...i twill work out fine its just holes i need to fix...
Old 01-17-2005, 01:28 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

if you dont care about using bondo i suppose.... me i bought my car all rusty too, but i ordered all brand new body panels and floor and everything.. theres only about 1/2 cup of bondo on my whole car because of redroduction panels that arent 100%. if your going to put a lot of money into the car, you may as well do it right.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:20 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well the thing is that i will replace the fenders and my drivers side door from some junk yard cars if i can find one...or buy some cheap ones off ebay or online...but like near my door were close it or in front of my back tires i can't replace those thigns...i was acually thinking of just buying a mustang without an engine and trans for 400 or so check the body out and everything else tha ti know to check and buy it do a swap and use that and scrap the other car or use it as a project
Old 01-17-2005, 05:20 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

and i don't care about using bondo as long as i can make it look nice and what not...