General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Pacman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Change

yea, its a good idea to change your filter every time you change your oil. hand tighten filter.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:50 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

looks like we have your normal drivers here ..afraid to get thier hands dirty so easy to pay someone to do it..while you bitch @ THE cost to mush...dude buy yourself a mustang manual//learn about your car.. that some pride into yourself and change your own oil..when your done.....your have that I did it feeling...and you'll laugh with me at these lazy so called racers
Old 01-29-2005, 12:29 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

i have all the pride there can be. i am 16, havent done it before and there is noone here to walk me through it. thats why i posted this topic on the forums.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:46 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

dude my comment wasn't really to you. as you want to change your oil.....it straight forward ..drive the car up on ramps while the car cools go gather up your tools and a 6+ qt. pan...all you really need is a 6-8 inch cresant wrench, some paper towels, oil filter wrench....put the bucket under the drain plug located on the bottom of pan,turn bolt counterclockwise with wrench to lossen then finish with turning with your finger so the bolt doesn't end up in the oil...when drained tighten bolt up..not not over tighten...take your oil wrench and pull the filter off..use a good quality filter like k/n,amsoil,hastings....after you pull the filter out clean the oil filter base on the engine with a clean rag or the like..fill the new filter up with new oil and let it soak up take a lil oil and put on the rubber seal on the filter then screw the filter on...about 1 turn after you feel it snug up....then fill up engine with oil...start engine and look for leaks..no leak then pull off ramps shut off check oil level if ok ..put away tools,ramps..and you have done your first oil change!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

vtec like whoa
Old 01-30-2005, 02:57 PM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

yea cchangin oil is realy easy so if u wana save money just doit yourself. id recomend useing 10w30 regular oil maybe even try the maxlife oil to help swell the seals up
Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM
sanitarium16
2nd Gear Member

Don't go to Jiffy Lube they use s*it parts. Go to Ford. Its the same price for an oil change as jiffy lube and its better parts
Old 01-31-2005, 08:31 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

I don't like to get my hands dirty. You have to crawl on the ground and and get dirty[:'(]. What would the people at the club say? I just could not bring myself to that level. I pay someone do do it.

not
Old 01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

looks like we have your normal drivers here ..afraid to get thier hands dirty so easy to pay someone to do it..while you bitch @ THE cost to mush...dude buy yourself a mustang manual//learn about your car.. that some pride into yourself and change your own oil..when your done.....your have that I did it feeling...and you'll laugh with me at these lazy so called racers
I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, it's just by far a better deal to have jiffy lube do my oil for me. You act like changing the oil in a car is this monumental, down and dirty, amazing thing you can do to really be the hands on kind of guy...when it's really just taking out a bolt, waiting, putting it back in and filling. My mom could change my oil dude, a 4 year old could do it if they could summon the torque for the wrench, it's not hard.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:13 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

If you love your car you have to be one with you car. Not changing you oil is not being one with your car. How do you know you car it you don't change the oil your your car?

Ok, really, your know you car better if you do the work on it.

Quick Reply: Oil Change