General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Locked both keys in car! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 02:40 PM
jdp72

Default Locked both keys in car! HELP!

Hey guys I locked both my keys in my '95 Mustang. My friend has a universal slim jim set and I was curious how hard is it to open it with one of those things? I remember like 5 years back a cop had a difficult time using it on my Mustang and so he had to wedge something between the window and frame to press the door un-lock button. I'd do that again, BUT as luck would have it we took the battery out to get it replaced and shut the hood close. Now we can't open the car to put a new battery to open the hood to open the car. HAHAHHAHA Does that make any sense? Anyways, this is just a seasonal ride so there is absolutely no hurry and it is sitting in my driveway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mods if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move this. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:53 PM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Locked both keys in car! HELP!

i did that once in my 95 and i used a coat hanger and slide it in between the window and the weather striping and i hit the unlock buttonbut if u know what your doin u might be able to slom jim the lock open
Old 01-30-2005, 07:36 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

You might have to call a locksmith for this one dude.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

how well do you like your drivers side window??
Old 01-30-2005, 07:55 PM
import slayer
3rd Gear Member

Got bricks??
Old 01-30-2005, 10:58 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I did this in my buddy's '95... It was so easy he was almost sick... Take a clothes hanger, twist a loop on the end, slide it through the back/top corner of the window, and loop the inside door handle (fords will open from the inside even when locked), then just carefully pull back to open...
Old 01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Wow. Thats good to know. Now please excuse me while I steal some stangs.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 AM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

Wow. Thats good to know. Now please excuse me while I steal some stangs.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:33 AM
jdp72

ORIGINAL: closer9

I did this in my buddy's '95... It was so easy he was almost sick... Take a clothes hanger, twist a loop on the end, slide it through the back/top corner of the window, and loop the inside door handle (fords will open from the inside even when locked), then just carefully pull back to open...

Yeah I think I like this idea a lot better than the brick through the window ones. It was so crazy because I manually locked the doors to run to pep boys to pick up a battery... I felt to make sure I had the keys in my pocket so I could "open" it later...and to my horror they were the KEY FOBS and both keys were dangling from the ignition!

I was thinking my story would sound sketchy and someone might think I was up to no good...but trust me I can take pictures of the car in my driveway and laughing family members as witnesses.

Thanks, and if anyone else has any other ideas that would be great... I was trying to think of a way to get juice to my car so that I could somehow work the power locks.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

I always carry a spare key in my wallet just for this reason and also have a spare one I keep in the house too. I accidentally locked my truck keys in the truck once and it took a locksmith over 2-1/2 hours to get the door unlocked, so this taught me to keep a spare key in my wallet for sure. you could also go under the car and find a place where you could hide a spare key using a self tapping metal screw and a washer to hold the key tightly or hide one behind one of the screws holding on the rear license plate but make sure the key is well hidden behind the plate if you use this method.

Quick Reply: Locked both keys in car! HELP!