General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
SKAR

Default My Build

It all started last January, I was emailed about a 87' 2.3, I emailed the guy asking about it a few months before and he replied with "SOLD", but ths time he came to me trying to sell it, so for $300 this came home

Long story short with the car was, it needed more bodywork than I was willing to do, and being a 4 cyl. it was underpowered for my liking (sorry 2.3 guys),

I work at a shop a few blocks from my house and have been there for about a year and a half, I became good friends with Devon who has a 89' Notch, he has come to supply me with almost any parts needed (its crazy how many fox's you could build out of his collection of parts)

Devon drops this off at my house one late night

So now I have the idea of swapping the 302 into my fox (the motor came complete) but being the go all out or go home kinda guy I am I have to have it perfect

The next step in the story involves my buying my BMW, (about a month ago) I put all my focus on the BMW and the fox got the sideburner, just as everyone though I had given up, and right before I was ready for it to go I got another call from Devon,

It ended with a shell of a 83' being in my driveway

My main worry

The shell is 98% rust free, which is awesome for the weather here,

The morning after it arrives it gets the 87's front end (after paint, I skipped this part in here)

yesterday, I was bored so I put in my steering column and master cyl. in as well as the quarter glass

I also painted my engine bay and the inside of the firewall

and last night Devon called once again, "I have a subframe here, its yours but Im leaving for a few days in 5 minutes" so I fly over there with the trailer to get \/

and the plan is for all new brakes and susp., and for it to be a roller in about a week,
Old 09-02-2007, 05:31 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My Build

wow u have more work to do then i do
Old 09-02-2007, 05:49 PM
SKAR

haha yeah, well im 17 and live in a SMALL town
Old 09-02-2007, 05:53 PM
SKAR

Im debating whether or not to weld the 7.5 out of the 87' 4 banger and putting it in or getting a 8.8, either way the 87' is being put on its roof tomorow so I can pull everything I want from the bottom (its nice having access to a tow truck)
Old 09-02-2007, 06:12 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i wouold just get the 8.8 now. why do the same work twice?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:24 PM
SKAR

Well these back ends come out easy, and I have the 7.5 on hand, im thinking of using it until I a) go sideways into something or b) it breaks
Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

just get a 8.8 now[&:]
Old 09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
SKAR

I will get a 8.8, well I have one out of a cobra, not sure if its different from a normal 8.8. The only thing is its torn apart (i didnt do it), so ill drop new seals in it and paint it eventually. Right now the 7.5 will go in just to make the shell moveable, I need the get it rolling around so I can bring it to my work to cage it and fix some funky little spots on the floor
Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

the main difference is the bigger brakes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
SKAR

Well the entire interior is flat black, I need to fiberglass some small spunky spots still,

My buddy with a 89' bought my dads 95' today and is selling his 89' as well as getting rid of all of his parts

So I now have a rust free hatch, doors, a 8.8 rear end, new steering rack, new back brakes,

Im going to put new axle seals in and paint it, I have painted my k member,

I need to take the hinges off of my 87' for the doors and use them as well as the hinges for the hatch, im pulling the rad and rad support out of my 87' tomorow and towing it to the wreckers

My moms been after me to "clean" up the yard, (I think shes forgotten about my 3 Hondas)

I will get the doors on and the hatch and get the diff done and under it and the k memeber bolted on, and then take some pictures

Quick Reply: My Build