General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

ATTENTION: HUNT FOR STOLEN 03 COBRA

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:31 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

Default ATTENTION: HUNT FOR STOLEN 03 COBRA

Guys my dad's 03 Cobra 'vert was stolen today. It's a black 2003 Cobra 'vert with a parchment (tan)top, gold cowlhood stripes and gold bumper inserts, really dark tinted windows, and full Flowmasters (for sound identification).

Here's how it happened. Today (9/29/07) a guy called my dad looking to buy the car because my dad had it advertised all over the internet. So the guy came over to look at it. (by this time I was at work) My dad jumped in the passenger seat, and the guy in the driver's. They took it around the block and pulled back into the driveway. My dad got out and before he could close the door the guy floored it in reverse and then ripped on it down the street. My dad didnt have the keys to his Navigator with him (wouldnt've really done anything anyway) so he couldnt do anything. Of course he called the cops and they came and took all the details down.

Help me and my dad hunt down this Terminator.

CALL ME AT (561)866-4026
OR MY DAD AT (561)338-0999
please put one of these numbers in your phone. THANKS GUYS.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ATTENTION: HUNT FOR STOLEN 03 COBRA

wow thats some ****...yeah nav keys wouldnt have done any good anyways...your not catching a cobra with a bus.

word of advice. were there any other keys on that ring other than the car keys? maily ahousekey...if therewas then i would suggest you get a locksmith out to change the locks pronto.

good luck with the search hopefully he is just joyriding it and ditches it somewhere. and btw where did this happen...u didnt list a location
Old 09-30-2007, 03:40 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

Mother f***er! I have a 04, and maybe your dad if you find this guy can extort some repriations and keep it around I'd look into that.

Cuz if someone stole my Cobra as I was trying to sell it, I'd take his *** to court sue for what I needed to keep it around.

Also if your working with a high priority car what I'd do is hide my cell with the GPS on so they could track it in some hidden location prior to any drives.

But don't tell them that, cuz it'd be easy to track out the cell, but ya you give the cops a number the tower will locate it and you've got one way to find it.

I'll let my crew know and if anyone tries to sell us a 03 anytime soon we'll have it looked into.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys. BTW Im in Delray Beach, FL. The guy said he was from Deerfield Beach, FL though. And no, thank god my dad had () the Cobra keys on a seperate ring all by themselves. We're hoping it stays in one peice. I would THINK that car would stay in 1 peice just because they're so rare but I guess the trannys and engines, suspension, body panels, etc are in high demand. Hurts me to think about that though [:@]
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

if car is not found within 24 hours make sure you check ebay for cobra parts , did you atleast have full coverage on the car ?

Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

something justcame to mind how did he get to your house, if he drove cops should be able to fingerprint the car he left there even if it was stolen, did someone drive him, if so did you getthat lic number have your dad think , did he lead against or touch anything that might have left finger prints?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
TGS2

That sucks. My great grandmother lives in Delray Beach, nice place. Hope your dad gets his car back.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

Good news.. WE FOUND THE COBRA. Its in the driveway as we speak. I forgot the story but it's something along these lines... first off, everything took place in Hialea, FL. About 40mins away from me. The guys parked it and were walking away all suspiciously and the cops started walking towards em and the guys ran so the cops chased em down and beat the crap out of em hahahahahaha. They both got arrested.

Now for what they've done to the car... you ready for this? This is just from a quick glance...

-14# S/C pulley (watched the boost gauge)
-Idler pulley set
-High flow injectors
-Some crazy racing radiator with an external cooling fluid tank
-Bigger and ported TB
-Optima red top battery
-Magnaflow straight-thru style mufflers (LOUD AS HELL)
-Borla intercooled tips (fugly, too big)
-X pipe
-New digital+analog boost gauge (SEXY, addicting) and air/fuel gauge
-Chrome Saleen 17's (dont look good on a Cobra IMO)
-Smoked tail lights (HORRIBLE DIY job)
-They repainted the bumper (horrible paint job)
-Stainless steel bumper inserts
-Stainless engine dressup kit
-Stainless interior dressup kit
-Stainless "TERMINATOR" door sills
-They removed the tint (dont know why, it look really nice)
-They removed the hood stripes
-They put in 2 Rockford Fosgate 12's with an amp and cap
-They put in red and black leather Cobra seats that are in really good condition but look dumb with a tan top :/

So all in all it's a pretty awesome turnout. Not only did we get the car back, but we got all those parts as consolation for not being able to drive it . It kinda sucks that it was raped like that though. Anyway it's sooooo damn fast! I'm guessing at least 500rwhp... It might be cammed too... and its crazily loud. It doesnt sound that good quality-wise, but its not bad. The loudness is always fun. Im driving it tomorrow. My dad is thinking about having his insurance company put everything back to stock and giving me all the parts to sell. That's like $3-4k in parts... that'll be the down payment for my Trans Am (you heard me.. my GT is too slow). Either that or he's gonna sell it to me as-is.

Anyway thats the good news. The Terminator's back. Those f***ers got what they had coming to em. BY THE WAY THEY LEFT THE LICENSE PLATE ON IT. WTF. RETARDS. And they had crayons laid out on the passenger seat.. drove the kids to school in a stolen vehicle? Nice. And thanks to all of you for looking out for a fellow member.

PS I'll post pics, vids and details about the parts tomorrow sometime before 12:30pm-ish so check back in.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

ROFL thats some ****. so they stole the cobra to soupe up and just get cought...not changing vin tags or license plates....nominees for americas dumbest criminals?

well thats awesome you guys got a bunch of performance parts out of it for free...now i kinda wish someone would steal my car and get it back to me within a week with several grand in parts lol.

makes me wonder what they were wanting to do with this car tho...it doesnt add up.

they stole a car...had thousands of dollars to put into it, and they didnt bother taking the plates or vin tags off? most ppl that steal cars like that chop em and sell em, sell em as is, or retag em with a legitimate (possibly wrecked) car. i dont understand [&:]
Old 10-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

This story sounds very...eh..odd..