General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
sb_imports

Default please help

alright. i have a 1998 ford mustang with the 3.8 v6 engine. my ecu keeps spitting out completely *** backwards error codes. it all started after i put my exhaust on. first error code up was engine running lean. cleared that out. then the next code was bank 1 upstream o2 sensor heater failure but no lean code. cleared that out. now it claims "manufacturers air metering system malfunction". then all of a sudden tonite it started running like ****.
checked under the hood to see if anyone ****ed with it but it looked fine. i beat on it a little and it made a weird noise and then ran fine but smelled rich as hell. i unplugged that battery for like 15 min and now its running fine. keep in mind that my transmission and torque converter are SERIOUSLY messed up and are going to be rebuilt/replaced next week. is my ecu messed up? is it cause i installed a couple aftermarket parts (cai, pulleys, coil, true dual with x, etc...) and didnt tune it with a flash tuner? or is my messed up tranny the root of the problems? somebody please help me.