General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installing a manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Default Installing a manifold

Hey there everyone: I have a 96 GT with a stock motor. The manifold is cracked at the radiator hose port (is that the right word?). So, I'm going to install a new intake manifold. I want to do a PI swap as well, but I have no idea how to port it, or even how to install it, or seal the damn thing. Any guidance you amazing stang mechanics can give me will be put to immediate use. Also, if you know of a how-to guide to installing this kind of thing, I would be eternally grateful. Any other advice? Thanks so much, guys. you're the best.

Gaspi
Old 03-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Installing a manifold

I would suggest doing PI heads, cams, and intake. You dont HAVE to port anything. I wouldnt suggest you trying it either. Doesnt sound like youre inclined to do it. You work in a court room ,so im guessing you have the cash to fix it. lol. you cant really seal it. But i would suggest having a fix soon.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Installing a manifold

HAHAHA...having the money...hahaha...oh, that hurts. Actually, like almost any job that's worth doing, what I'm doing now, pays peanuts. I'm actually still in law school, although I am in the courtroom with counsel actively. As for being inclined, I am extremely inclined to do it, but don't have very much money, and I just want to swap the manifold. I just read quite a bit about it, and though I still have lots of questions, what I need to know is:

If I buy the PI manifold kit, what do I need to do, besides clean the piston shafts and add sealant to the gaskets? Also, my heater core hose is plugged off (actually plugged at the manifold).

How should I do this?

Any help would be incredibly useful. I will post pictures of my progress once I start. Thanks everyone!