General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
kman68f2000

Default Lambo doors

Ok, so i have a lambo door kit, bolt on type. Anyone ever installed one of these? I just called a shop and they estimated a grand to do it, i think thats a little pricey and I am thinking it can't be too tough to do it myself. I have wire harness extenders already, and i know thats one of the issues people face with it. Any tips?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lambo doors

Did it come with instructions? Which brand was it? I'd guess if a shop wants $1K to install them then the job can't bee that easy...

Personally I think Lambo doors on a Stang looks like rice-a-roni but it's your car

Old 01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Jbrandt22
1st Gear Member

While your at it, you should see how much they charge to get "Mustang" in Lime Green Japanese letters across the side, Some APC Decals and a 5 foot tall wing to complete the look
Old 01-11-2008, 04:28 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I think this thread calls for a picture

Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
onesickstang01
2nd Gear Member

i dont agree with everyone talking **** about your decision but take it from someone that has had lambos...they suck! id sell the kit on ebay. they look cool and attract attention but honestly they really do suck. you have to line them up to close the door and just the fact of lifting them up and down every time you get in or out sucks. also if you dont enjoy opening and closing the door everytime your girlfriend/wife/friends/ect get in or out then you really wont want them. liek i said i think they look cool, some people on this site will talk alot of **** about them but they really do suck.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:19 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onesickstang01

i dont agree with everyone talking **** about your decision but take it from someone that has had lambos...they suck! id sell the kit on ebay. they look cool and attract attention but honestly they really do suck. you have to line them up to close the door and just the fact of lifting them up and down every time you get in or out sucks. also if you dont enjoy opening and closing the door everytime your girlfriend/wife/friends/ect get in or out then you really wont want them. liek i said i think they look cool, some people on this site will talk alot of **** about them but they really do suck.
Those are all really good reasons not to install them....plus they suck hard.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Yea that figures. At least on "real" Lambos the doors open straight up without needing to pivot outwards first. I'd wonder would the kit also cause the doors to start squeaking/creaking after they get old. And what about water leaking into the car?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

Don't put Lambo's on your car....

Just my two cents..
Old 01-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

I think this thread calls for a picture