General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Marife

Default I need Help!!!!

Hey everyone, heres the deal. I bought a set of ported stage 2 PI heads from a member in this forums. He claimed that they were fully machined and ported. He was selling fro $550. I live in Puerto Rico so I told him how much for shipping and he was quoted 100. I told him I would send half first, and when I recieve the heads I would send the other half. So I sent $375(275+100 shipping) Heres where the problem starts.

When I recieved the heads, I took them to a machine shop that specialized in cylinder heads and they told me that the heads were warped and that the porting was not even done right. The were charging me 1,800 to fix the heads. I talked to the guy who I bought the heads from and told him that I wanted my $375 back and that he had to cover shipping back to him cause he sold me a faulty product or I could atleast pay for the shipping back to him.

Well guess what, he said that I knew the heads were used and that as far as he knew the heads were ok. I told him that I should not be responsible for his error. So he said that he wasnt going to give me $375, he would give me $275 and I would have to cover shipping back to him, or I could stay with the heads and not pay him anything else.

What would you do? The heads are useless and Im shot on cash. If u want to see the e-mail conversation or want to know who the member is, let me know
Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I need Help!!!!

well he said he has the reciept from the people who did the machining. i would contact them and see what they say as far as the situation goes. maybe he can get his money back for the port/polish job and you can get your money back for the heads and you both come out even. however from what you said his response was he knew the heads were defective when he sold them to you. FYI i would never buy something like that sight unseen.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
blstoff
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need Help!!!!

well , brand new stage 2 heads will run you about $1450 ,so I woudn't pay $1800 to have those fixed . and I damn sure wouldn't send him anymore money or pay for shipping them back . I guess your pretty much stuck w/ warped heads . you should check around with other shops , sounds like that shop is trying to screw you too , not sure about prices where you live though . it doesn't sound like the seller is an honorable person , so you should post his screen name so no one else gets screwed .