General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best way to get smell out of car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Ontherocks98
2nd Gear Member

Default Best way to get smell out of car?

Over this past weekend, i had an "interesting" night on saturday. To save everyone aggrivation, a friend of mine threw up while in my car( i was about to kill the bastard). Anyway, i ran and got a carpet cleaner from pep boys(made for cloth interiors) and that worked well to get the stains out, but the faint smell is still bouncing around the car. I might go back and go over it again with the cleaner, but besides that, 2 air freshners in the car are trying their best to fight the good fight.

Any suggestions?

besides kicking my friend's a$$?
haha
Old 04-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Mune
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Best way to get smell out of car?

Have you tried airing it out? Windows down? Sometimes when any of my family members that smoke ride in my car, after they get out I drive around wiht the windows down to let everything air out, and I use body spray (I am a girl...lol) if I don't have a strong enough air freshner. Is it obvious I hate the smell of smoke? In a house or car, YES.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
artisan00
2nd Gear Member

i had the same thing happen to me...i had it cleaned professionally (they shampooed it twice...) and used febreeze and stuff for at least a week or 2....truthfully it lingered for a while, but it takes time to go away. this happened to me in the summer, its ok now. thats the kind of smell that gets everywhere...especially with the carpeting... it even (in my case) got UNDER the carpeting near where the seats bolt in...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I use to sell Kirby vacuum cleaners and the products that go with them, honestly Kirby is the best cleaning system out there for home and industrial use. Just find a Kirby dealer in the phone book and go down to where they are and get some of their cleaning supplies, the fabric cleaner and odor removor and ask if someone could demonstrate the machine on your car, then after its done they will ask you if you want to buy it, just tell them no and go on your merry way
Old 04-06-2005, 01:47 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

time. and air. i travel for work and a co worker went on the road with me for about 2 months and when we got back i had to give him a ride home because he had left a gallon of milk in his back seat. God the STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! but he cleaned it the best he could and let it air out constantly. and eventually it went away.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:56 AM
badsp0rk
2nd Gear Member

I think your friend that puked needs to meet your close friend, "foot". "foot" should get well acquainted with your puke-pal's best friend, "***".
Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Make your friend bake you fresh brownies every day and put them on your backseat... Problem gone!

I had a friend throwing up in my car... He had a cup though (Ironic how the cup becomes a good thing, eh?) I told him if he missed or fell asleep I would kick his ***... Evey 10-15 secongs I would randomly yell GREG!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:53 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

OK...I worked at a carwash for 2 years. Go to one of those do-it-yourself car washes and bring a bunch of HOT *** carpetshampoo extract mixed with water...pour it on there...Be liberal with the pour. Let it sit for a min. then vacuum out. Take simple green and one of those 3M pads, like they have on the back of sponges, and then, if applicable...clean your leather with it...and clean your vinyl with it. Should fix problem. If you just let it sit it WILL fade.

Somone once thought it would be funny to leave a Milk Chug under my pass. side seat in July. The milk firmented and the mil,k chug EXPLODED. IF ****ing reaked...time, and patience will fix it if you do nothing...but then you gotta smell that awful crap/
Old 04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

I had a 79 Z-28 years ago and we left some chicken liver in the trunk after a fishing trip. This was in the middle of summer. Well it spilled onto the trunk carpet. Had to remove carpet and throw away, spray out trunk several times and it still took almost a year to get rid of that smell. So good luck and I hope it's not there for a year!!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
JonBeast

[sm=partyparty.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=smiley11.gif]
A little too much of this going on??

Quick Reply: Best way to get smell out of car?