General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Non-Supercharged to fully blown....Is it worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
2000ROUSHstang

Default Non-Supercharged to fully blown....Is it worth it???

Whats up everybody, i'm new to mustang forums and figured I would start my first thread with something that has been lingering around my mind for a while. I own a 2000 GT and was wondering if it would be worth it to make the car supercharged. What would the parts list be like. I can get my hands on an Eaton with 15,000 miles on it that has no problems what so ever for dirt cheap. Always wanted to go blown so let me know if it is more hassle then its worth!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Non-Supercharged to fully blown....Is it worth it???

Does it have an intercooler? If no intercooler I wouldn'trun more than 8/9psi of boost with it. Intercooled safe limits on stock internals is around 10/11psiof boost. Some people have pushed the envelope on these numbers, but I think they are on borrowed time.

Yes, supercharging any car is definitly worth it. But I am wondering are you supercharging your car and visiting the track at all or just for more street fun? Whipple andRoots superchargers like the eaton are great for the street, but traction becomes very hard to get if you run a bit of boost. If you were doing this for a track car and track timesI would suggest a centrifugal blower instead like procharger, vortech, or paxton.

Pretty much all youwill needismoney for install and money for a dynotune, which wil run no more than $1,600 even if your system has an intercooler. To be on the safe side for daily driving and the track, a lot of people get a/f andboost gauges put in their car. Good gauges installed cost no more thana total of $500-$600 w/a gaugepod.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:19 AM
2000ROUSHstang

Well i haven't got the whole system yet. My buddy has an 04 cobra and took the stock eaton off and replaced it with a whipple 2.3L. He was goin to sell me the eaton. It would be intercooled (heat exchanger or what ever you wanna call it)but i haven't got everything yet. I was kinda of wondering what the parts list would entail also. It would be alot for street with a little bit of track mixed in.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

hey roush stang, yes supercharging your car is definitively worth it!!

However, just to warn you, a stock eaton off of a 03-04 cobra WILL NOT FIT your a 2000 GT since the cobra is a 4 Valve engine and the GT is a 2 Valve engine.

There's a sticky post on this subject either in one of the 4.6 modular forums, check it out.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 PM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

254.6 RWHP NA, FULL BOLT ONS, ADDED SC/PROCHARGER/8LBS OF BOOST, NOW I HAVE 366.4 RWHP. THIS IS ON A AUTO. NEED I SAY MORE. BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK .
Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
2000ROUSHstang

Oh guys don't get me wrong, I know that it would MUCh be worth supercharging my car, i was just checkin on that route. If I got a different intake manifold that would fit the Eaton still wouldn't work?????

BtW, procharger is the best route i've seen also. I just don't have 4,500 cash layin around right now. I got a packet from them and you can throw there P-1SC on a stock 4.6 5-speed and be running 11's.....driver ability not taken into acount. That just blew my mind....completely stock to 400+ rear wheel hp......procharger stole my heart!!!!lol
Old 03-30-2008, 04:21 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

This is the easiest way to get that blower to work. The only problem is that by the time you get it all done, you will end up spending almost as much as it would cost to get a better blower for your car.

http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?Pa...&ProdID=16
Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

yes it is worth it. just start with the s/c and then work on the suspension as you go. it works a little easier on the check book
Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

im surprised that no one has yet mentioned that he will need to upgrade his fuel system........
Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

there are PLENTY of people who do this. theres a sticky in the top of the 4.6 section matter of fact warning you that YES its possible, but in the long run you will spend a LOT of money to get that piece of **** supercharger to fit on a 2v (gt) mustang. your going to spend THOUSANDS of dollars just to make that 300$ supercharger work on your car. that blower will not bolt to your heads. the 4v heads (on a cobra) are different than the 2v heads on a GT. you dont even have an intake manifold when u use the eaton so no its not gonna work.

Quick Reply: Non-Supercharged to fully blown....Is it worth it???