General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Too tall??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Bentic

Default Too tall??

Hi!

I'm a huge fan of mustangs, and have been in love withe them since i first saw one as a kid, and now i'm finally buyingmy dream car, a-69 boss 302!

But now i have started to worry A LOT over that i'm acually 6'5'(1,95)meters tall,and wondering if im to tall to fit myself into the car!

Is anyone as tall as i am, anddo you have problems fitting yourselves in the car?is the mustang very small inside???

I need answers, please! // Worrying mustang lover..
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Too tall??

I'm 6'0"(1.83m) and fit in my 67 just fine. Legs are kinda close to the wheel, but I sit forward cuz I don't have a shifter handle that reaches back and I don't wanna stretch to grab 3rd. Older Mustangs have pretty decent legroom....in the front seats.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Bentic

ok,,

yeah, I have seaten in the backseat of a mustang, and hehe, there was NOT very much space for my head nor my legs:P

but as you se on the car's shape, it is much lower in the back, than in the front, so i hope i fit in the frontseat at least,,

Anyone more who's that tall??
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

you can buy seat extenders that let the seatslide back an extra 3 or 4" that helps alot.i am 6'6" and do ok. i wear a 15 EEEEE wide shoe & sometimes have trouble hitting the gas when i apply the brake.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Bentic

But i'm thinking of your head, don't you hit your head in the roof??

I've heard you can go to a shop, and let them some how make your seat lower, by shorten the brackets or something under the seat...
Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

no my head does not touch the roof, but it is close if i wear a cap. the ones with sunroofs or t-tops have a little more head room because the glass in the roof is thinner than the solid metal +upholster.
ORIGINAL: Bentic

But i'm thinking of your head, don't you hit your head in the roof??

I've heard you can go to a shop, and let them some how make your seat lower, by shorten the brackets or something under the seat...
Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Bentic

But crazyhorse, what mustang model do you have? because there is difference betwen the different models, right? must be...

The boss 302 is kinda low...
Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Dude have you sat in a '69 stang yet? The older cars do seem to have a fair bit of headroom. I'm 6' tall and had a '71 Stang coupe, no headroom problems at all.

You'd probably like the new '05+ stangs one of the biggest things I DON'T like about the newest stangs is how LOW I feel I'm sitting in the car [:@] I'm the kinda guy that likes to hang his elbow out the side window while driving and, the new stangs make me feel like I'm sitting in a bathtub lol
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Bentic

No i have not But i think im going to find a boss that i can try to sit in, so i know before i buy one,,

Don't anyone over 6' in here have a problem with head or legspace??
Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 AM
campbell990
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67mustang302

My Legs are kinda close to the wheel
I'm 6'4" and when I had my '68 this is how it was. It seemed like my knees were constantly about to hit the wheel, but with the seat extensions I think you will be fine.

Quick Reply: Too tall??